Kitten who can't move

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
 Happy Dance!!!

Look at Reeves go!! Move little feets....move!!  Awesome!!!!!  You must feel so relieved, grateful, happy about the progress he is showing. His improvement is remarkable.....

His front legs are great.. The back just need to get a bit stronger!!! You go!! soon Little Reeves will be running around chasing you!!!!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so wonderful! He is getting better every day!

Is it easier for him to walk on a hard surface, like the floor? I've had problems walking myself, and on sand or dirt it is really difficult to keep my feet underneath me.

I just can't believe he's headed for a full recovery! He's a prime candidate for a news story. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see him In the Mews!

rsrollins72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm glad you took the time and had the patience to look after your kitten. So few people do and it kills me to see so many people not try. I had a cat that i found as a stray a long time ago. One of the funniest and nicest cats I've ever had. One day he came in the house in a hurry dragging his tail. I had no idea what happened to him but he would drag that tail as if it where paralyzed. I would try to get him to move it by pinching him on his tail or ticketing him there but he just wouldn't move it. It took about 3 months before he would start to move it again and probably about 7 months before his tail was perfectly normal again. It will take time but your kitten will be back to normal again too. I'm glad you didn't do the wheelchair thing, I'm sure it would just slow down your cat progress. Good luck and please don't ever give up.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at the drive in his eyes. He wants to go places. See things. The healthy mental attitude you have maintained with him is wonderful.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, this is gorgeous! 

You didn't have to tempt Reeves out with a toy this time, he was exploring on his own; that's wonderful!

You've been so good with him.  I hope you know how proud we all are, of both you and Reeves.  His recovery has been utterly astounding.  A lot of people would have simply given up on a kitten who'd been so badly injured, but you stuck with it.  I hope you and Reeves have many happy, healthy years to enjoy each other.

Margret

Last edited:

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at him go! :clap: Yay Reeves!!

What does the vet think about his progress? It must be a little satisfying considering they thought about putting him down ;)

You and Reeves will be one of TCS's best threads to read for a long time to come! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Look at him, all grown up and standing on his own widdle tootsies!  Oh, Jen, I am SO proud of him and of you, especially.  You never for one minute gave up on this kitten, and now look at him!  You'll be dragging him down off the tops of the drapes before you know what hit you! 

jmarkitell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are probably getting tired of me congratulating you on your incessant devotion to Reeves, but I am in total awe of you and your endless efforts to make Reeves make his recovery. This would make a great movie, except that everyone will be sobbing about all of the trials and tribulations of Wondercat Reeves. Seriously, you deserve a medal! Your dedication will be legendary...it is for me already!

Jim M 

sweetdz99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
omg look at what you did @jennyrosalie  !  You never gave up on that little creature and look at him!  It honestly only looks like he just needs to build more muscle and get used to using those peets again and he will get there!!  What an amazing show of strength, perseverance, patience and love.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg look at what you did @jennyrosalie
 !  You never gave up on that little creature and look at him!  It honestly only looks like he just needs to build more muscle and get used to using those peets again and he will get there!!  What an amazing show of strength, perseverance, patience and love.  
It's lovely seeing him try to walk but the material impedes him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyrosalie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have
It's lovely seeing him try to walk but the material impedes him.
rough hardwood floors and the vet doesn't want him sliding on them and getting used to dragging his legs instead of walking.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have
rough hardwood floors and the vet doesn't want him sliding on them and getting used to dragging his legs instead of walking.
I think that makes sense plus having to balance walking on a difficult surface is good exercise for strength and balance .

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the material is getting in his way, you might try putting him on a bath mat.  They're designed not to be slick (which takes care of the vet's concern) but they're still fairly rigid; they won't bunch up around his feet.

Margret

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Reeves is gonna be a handful once summer hits!!!' [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128538[/emoji][emoji]128538[/emoji][emoji]128538[/emoji][emoji]128538[/emoji][emoji]128538[/emoji][emoji]128538[/emoji][emoji]128538[/emoji] What a great thread and congrats!!!!!

turboskittles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jennyrosalie I just joined this site today.

You have done a fantastic job and like everyone else, I'm amazed at what you've accomplished.

I just want to tell everyone involved in this thread the effect it had on me last night. I was searching google for information about our Skittles and found this thread. I read the entire thing and it made me feel so much better.

I noticed two days ago Skittles has developed different sized pupils as well as her third eye lids are showing. As many of you know there are a lot of serious and depressing things this could indicate and basically almost nothing that could be minor.

Anyway I was feeling pretty sad and this thread really made a difference.

Thanks to you all especially Reeves for being such a little fighter!

tamu708

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's so great to see the progress Reeve's has made!   You can see so much determination in his sweet little face.  

You are such a good person for never giving up on him.  

BRAVO to Reeves!  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have
Hi @jennyrosalie  I've been following this thread since the beginning but haven't posted yet. Great to see all the progress Reeves has made. Have you thought about getting a couple of cheap yoga mats for him to walk on? They're non-slip and cats love clawing at the soft rubber. I thought having something that feels good to scratch might encourage him to use his front legs more, as well as helping him walk.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have
Of course wise vet but he can't keep his balance with the folds in the material. No doubt as his little legs grow stronger he'll do better.