Kitten sleeps on my neck and licks my hair, other kitten sleeps on my side and licks my clothes or h

ssch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I recently adopted two orphaned kittens who were thrown out on the street by their mom's owner. Snow and Leo were 4 weeks old when i adopted them and now are 11 weeks old. Snow likes to sleep on my neck and she licks my hair, i try to get her to stop it as i think it might be dangerous for her but it doesn't work, Leo sleeps on my side while hugging me and since past couple days he tries to lick my hand or clothes while lying with me. I am a first time cat owner and I have a lot of questions hence i decided to join this forum. Please help me.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
My cats did that, too, when they were kittens.  One of them still does and she's 7 now.  

How are the kittens otherwise--are they eating and using the litter box?  Have you taken them to the vet for check ups yet?  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ssch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for letting me know, I was worried, yes i took them to vet they had their first vaccination and dewormer at 8 wks which led to severe diarrhea in snow. Vet assured me its normal so we waited a week for it to away and 2 wks for her to bounce back to her normal self, since then I have to watch what i give her as she suddenly more senstive to new foods.
Otherwise both snow and leo are very active and happy kittens, no litter accident after their first week at my place. Have healthy appetite and gaining weight now.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for letting me know, I was worried, yes i took them to vet they had their first vaccination and dewormer at 8 wks which led to severe diarrhea in snow. Vet assured me its normal so we waited a week for it to away and 2 wks for her to bounce back to her normal self, since then I have to watch what i give her as she suddenly more senstive to new foods.
Otherwise both snow and leo are very active and happy kittens, no litter accident after their first week at my place. Have healthy appetite and gaining weight now.
Oh that sounds good.  I'm glad they're healthy kitties.  

It was so good of you to rescue them.