Kitten already expecting kittens!!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congrats on the kittens. They are all adorable. Looking forward to seeing more pics. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
20170514_202944.jpg
20170514_203059.jpg
20170514_203424.jpg
20170514_204421.jpg
20170514_204456.jpg

Happy mother's day to every wonderful mommy! I know it's a bit late, already about to be 9PM over here, but in honor of mother's day I decided to post individual pics of Sun's 4-day old kittens. Boys are hard to tell apart since they're all orange, girls are the calico and tortie!

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry if the pics are not all that great, it was hard to keep them still long enough!

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, and thank you for all the wonderful compliments! I haven't responded in a while but I do appreciate them!:)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are precious. With a calico and tortie in the group, don't be too hasty in saying the oranges are boys. Probably are, but may not be.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are precious. With a calico and tortie in the group, don't be too hasty in saying the oranges are boys. Probably are, but may not be.
I had a friend who has more experience with kittens double check for me. I'll have them rechecked when they go for their first vet check up.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

2/5 kittens (two of the boys) have begun to have small openings in both corners of their eyes! Hopefully they'll be able to open them fully sometime next week. :)

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:
So a LOT has happened since the last time I updated. Sun's kittens are going to be six weeks old tomorrow.
However all but one are still with us. When the kittens were around 3 weeks of age, I noticed Sun was losing weight drastically faster than she could gain it. Diarrhea, throwing up, and soon was not producing any milk. I immediately thought the worst, and had taken her to a vet. Only to be told there was nothing wrong with her. No parasites, no worms, nothing physical. The vet said sometimes emotional distress can lead to physical ailments. So basically telling me Sun was depressed.
Sun was too young, not experienced in raising kittens, and was used to being a happy inside/outside cat allowed to wonder anywhere but was now confined to a room full of crying kittens. So I did what I thought was right for her, I gave her kittens to a foster home where they will be bottled raised. Luckily I knew a person who did that.
Anyway, I would have bottle raised all of them myself but I am a full time student and unfortunately couldn't. I did however keep one of the boys as I had planned to keep him from the beginning.
His name is Leo, since he looks like a little lion and is about to be six weeks old.
PicsArt_06-20-01.58.12.jpg
Any who, he is all that remains and is very healthy. Sun is doing wonderfully now as well, started looking a lot happier when I started letting her wonder through the yard again and is reunited with her best friend, Amira. The two had missed each other. She is gaining weight and next week on Tuesday is her spay appointment.
Leo also has a neuter appointment coming up. (I'm sure he's not lookin forward to it) He'll be going with his adoptive sister Chloe (Except she'll be getting spayed.) She was a unexpected birthday gift from my sister. I know, I know, lots of cats but all are taken care of I assure you. She is about 9 weeks.
20170610_211755.jpg
I can't be the only person with 5 cats! Two of which are inside/outside cats. Anyways, I don't mind. The kittens who are being fostered are already treated and currently looking for homes, my sister is bringing one home soon. The calico to be exact since someone had the nerve to steal her kitten this month.
20170620_122111.jpg
This is Chloe and Leo on my front porch. It's both of their first time outside. She's obviously a bigger kitten than he. Anyways all is good here now!
20170620_122106.jpg
Thank you all for checking up on us!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you supervise your kittens when they are outside?

Kittens really should not be outside until they are at least 9 months old, fully vaccinated, and spayed or neutered.

That said, it's great that Sun is back to herself and her kittens have fared well in foster care as bottle babies. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would also really recommend keeping Sun in until she is spayed. You don't want to risk her disappearing.

Please do keep the kittens in. It's so dangerous for them until their immune systems are developed.

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you supervise your kittens when they are outside?

Kittens really should not be outside until they are at least 9 months old, fully vaccinated, and spayed or neutered.

That said, it's great that Sun is back to herself and her kittens have fared well in foster care as bottle babies. :)
Oh yes, I was watching them the whole time. They weren't allowed off the porch. Only out there for about an hour, long enough to water my plants. :)

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would also really recommend keeping Sun in until she is spayed. You don't want to risk her disappearing.
She wonders around inside of the house most of the time these days. Especially now with the summer temperature sky rocketing. No worries!