Kitchenkat Outtakes.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
With a nod to @basscat and his infamous, Not An Entry," thread:

Not An Entry. (window Related)

Since so many of us have cats who simply have to be on the counters, the table, or somewhere nearby when we're working in the kitchen, let's see all those photos of KitchenKats that weren't posted in this month's contest thread. I'll start with four I considered before posting my entry:

My late Japanese Bobtail, Noodles, and Scottiecat, enjoying the view of the Cherry tree outside one kitchen window:

View attachment 223521

Oz, wondering if his eyes match the early Summer foliage:

View attachment 223522

Moo Shu Snowshoe, chasing snowflakes:

View attachment 223523

Peanut, simply being himself:

View attachment 223525

Now let's see yours. I know of at least four members who agonised over which KitchenKat would make the contest thread; let's see the rest of them!
:jawdrop: :noway: Is that a swimming pool out your window?:bliss:

:goldstar:Beautiful photos of the cats too.:bouquet:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

these are all the ones I was trying to choose from. I think there might have been one or two more but who knows what file they were in. lol. the last one is our current kitchen. it's not finished yet. hopefully this summer!

thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - I can see why you had a tough time choosing; all four of these are great shots, although the expression in the third photo is just priceless. I surely do like the form and function of that L-shaped granite island too!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

these are all the ones I was trying to choose from. I think there might have been one or two more but who knows what file they were in. lol. the last one is our current kitchen. it's not finished yet. hopefully this summer!
All your photos are fabulous, including the one you entered! Beautiful cat and beautiful kitchen!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - I can see why you had a tough time choosing; all four of these are great shots, although the expression in the third photo is just priceless. I surely do like the form and function of that L-shaped granite island too!
I was just admiring the kitchen! I love the decor and the wall without cabinets-I wonder if I pull down the upper cabinets if it would open up the room-but then I would have to relocate the dishes in another area...I love my kitchen but it's so small-I love that open room!

I have so many other photos-some on my old phone-some on the computer at home, the rest on my new phone-will have to scroll through them-so it may take a day or so for me to put them up here...

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
those are all great photos. lol. I only have the one that loves the kitchen. the rest are too well mannered of their own accord.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was just admiring the kitchen! I love the decor and the wall without cabinets-I wonder if I pull down the upper cabinets if it would open up the room-but then I would have to relocate the dishes in another area...I love my kitchen but it's so small-I love that open room!

I have so many other photos-some on my old phone-some on the computer at home, the rest on my new phone-will have to scroll through them-so it may take a day or so for me to put them up here...
Thanks! foxxycat foxxycat 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine
we have drawers on the island that we keep dishes and pans in. also some drawers under the cutlery for plates. the island isn't actually L shaped it's a square. the part that forms the rest of teh square is about 8 inches lower than the upper L. this house had a really bad kitchen when we bought the place. it looked like they'd been using it to store auto parts. lol. so we designed the whole thing ourselves. eventually the walls will be completely tiled and we will have some smallish amount of open shelving with walnut and some kind of pipe as brackets. we were going for a vintage look. they didn't like upper cabinets in the early 1900s. I like the feel of it. and of course we will put glass in the upper cabinets eventually. lol.

foxxycat foxxycat and omg that pic with the raw meat! dawww. gorgeous gorgeous furbabies!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1OverTheLine I have always liked black cats but nobody in my family ever had one. Oz is adorable and I must say Peanut is absolutely beautiful; he looks so contented and comfortable on the window sill. I love his fur; how often does he get brushed?

Most cats in this thread have lovely long "hair" I love them but I wonder if they dont get them in their tummy when they lick their fur. How do you people deal with this? My Cucumella has been my only cat so I never had to care for such long fur.

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1OverTheLine I have always liked black cats but nobody in my family ever had one. Oz is adorable and I must say Peanut is absolutely beautiful; he looks so contented and comfortable on the window sill. I love his fur; how often does he get brushed?

Most cats in this thread have lovely long "hair" I love them but I wonder if they dont get them in their tummy when they lick their fur. How do you people deal with this? My Cucumella has been my only cat so I never had to care for such long fur.
golondrina golondrina - It depends upon length, texture and undercoat. Peanut is strictly a no maintenance cat - no undercoat and no grooming issues - the same as Black Friday, though she has a very fine black undercoat, and sheds more than any of the others. Combing either of them yields a few hairs, and nothing more - the comb just glides through their fur. Puff has a light undercoat and very soft fur, and has to be combed about every five or six days. Bob and Clawed-Ya have dense undercoats, very long topcoats, and countless cold-weather guard hairs, and you could spend half an hour combing and then brushing either of them, and three days later, they'd begin matting, so it's best to spend a few minutes a day on each.

I just have five longhairs, and as noted, Peanut and Black Friday need almost no attention (Peanut's coat is the same, Summer and Winter, in fact), so grooming help probably requires twenty minutes a day, total. Bob and Puff limit the amount of combing you can do at a sitting with their teeth; Clawed-Ya could be combed sixteen hours a day, and she'd just purr and knead and rub her head against you.

Moo Shu is the exception to the, "shorthairs never need grooming," because her undercoat is nearly as dense as Bob's, and while she doesn't mat per se, if she's not combed every few days, she'll throw up hairballs the size of a compact car.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

all of my cats need grooming. none of them will let you. lol. the brush is the evil thing thatmust die if it gets within a foot of them. they all just end up horking up hair balls. our newest boy dante allows a little brushing but not enough to get it all. he's having problems. he's coughing but we think he's swallowing it back down instead of letting it out. we're having a hard time finding a treatment we can use that he will tolerate. we think this is his first hairball season

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise