Just wondering how long after you see babies moving will she have them :-)

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello so my Reina is preggers and was just wondering how much longer do we have to stay in expense :-) this is her first and last litter. Her nipple are swollen and pink lower one are a little sagging. We can see them movining around all over and she is pretty sleepy any advice on when and what I should do would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Welcome! We have many informative articles on pregnant cats and kittens at the top of the forum that you can read.

If you are seeing kitten movement she is likely 2 or 3 weeks away. Depends when you first noticed.

Are you giving her lots of kitten chow and wet food? She needs it now and through her nursing days.

Do you have a soft nest set up for her in a dark, private place like a closet in your bedroom?

Ask questions as you need to! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi and thank you :-)
I just starting giving her kitten chow and soft cat food a week ago And we just bought a mesh dog crate and cut out the top of it for her to nest in with a cat bed but we had to take the bed out cause she decided to pee on it so I put some towels in there instead :-) it is in my bedroom but she rather sleep ontop of my entertainment center or on the back of my couch. And thank you again it's nice to find a site that is actively helpful last time I had a pregnant cat I was just a teen. I just want to refresh my memory and make sure I am doing everything right :-)

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Around 2 -3 weeks after does indeed sound accurate.

Next to putting her on kitten food (If she isn't yet), it's also time to make her a nesting spot. I would suggest making her multiple (like 3-4 orso) on different places so she can choose on her own which she thinks is best. Also, if she's an outside cat, make sure to keep her inside from now on.

When it comes to giving birth, most of the time it just goes naturally. It's best to not interfere with the birthing process unless you really have to. Cats have a very good instinct and will know what to do themselves. Some cats will prefer their boss to be with them, others rather be alone. Just go with what she wants and tries to tell you.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! ;)

Last edited:

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And I could feel the kittens by touch maybe just over a week ago and now we can see them moving from afar

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Then probably two more weeks minimum. She may go into the nest when it's time to deliver. Many cats wait until just before - mine did!

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
me and my boys feel like we have been waiting forever...lol we just can't wait

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I know how hard it is to wait! Just keep posting any signs you see and asking us questions in the meantime. She's a very pretty cat!

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I know this is a dumb question but when I read in the other threads it asks if the kittens have dropped. Reina was holding higher up where you would see the bulge close to her spine but now it looks like it is close to the ground but not close to her back end still in the rib area just hanging lower to the ground does that mean she is dropping?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Possibly. Cats usually drop closer to their due date. Are you sure she's not just getting bigger? It's possible if she's closer to her due date than we think.

And there are no dumb questions! :)

Last edited:

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To me she looked bigger last week and she was more rounded now she looks like she is just sagging lol when she is walking

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's possible she has dropped. Let's see what other signs she may show soon too!

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I will keep you updated thank you for the quick responses I am very happy I found this site :-)

paintey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I saw this and I just wanted to say, although I'm not too experienced with pregnant cats, if you want to find out the number of kittens you can put a stethoscope on her belly. It should work if she is as close to her due date as I think. Also, make sure to feed her wet kitten food because it has plenty of nutrients for your queen. If you can, let Reina have some kitten milk replacer too. I hope this helps and good luck with your beautiful mama kitty!!![emoji]128516[/emoji]

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will have to pick one up I am so anxious to see these babies :-) I have picked up science diet kitten food and the adult canned food should I change the adult can food to kitten too? And thank you she is my little diva baby lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What age group is the adult food for? We generally recommend that pregnant cats eat kitten wet food for the high protein content and additional vitamins and minerals.

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It just says science diet adult entree

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol sorry it says 1-5

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suggest switching it out for kitten food. Regular adult food does not have everything a pregnant and lactating cat needs. :)

selina81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you I will buy some on tomorrow :-) is there a certain brand that's better?