Just saw this on the news...

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catgirl2548m

could u site an example of a mid-air exploson during a fuel dump?
Well don't quote me on this, I'm remembering as best I can about a documentary from 3 years ago. It was a Swiss airline flight, that had a small fire in the cockpit, something to do with the passenger game center over heating. The pilots were supposed to dump fuel and make an emergency landing somewhere, but then poof, the plane vanished if I remember correctly. It was never found but they were in the middle of a fuel dump when it vanished.
I could very well be quite mistaken as I was to understand that the loss of that particular aircraft resulted in Swiss airlines going out of business. They are in business at the moment as far as I know so.......

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Well don't quote me on this, I'm remembering as best I can about a documentary from 3 years ago. It was a Swiss airline flight, that had a small fire in the cockpit, something to do with the passenger game center over heating. The pilots were supposed to dump fuel and make an emergency landing somewhere, but then poof, the plane vanished if I remember correctly. It was never found but they were in the middle of a fuel dump when it vanished.
yes, that was swissair crash in canada. but it did not explode from fuel dump. either the pilots were ovrcome by smoke in the cockpit or the controle lines were broke by the fire from the ife. they were dumping fuel when they crashd but it was not a factor except that it delaid them in getting the plane to a runway.

but i was just teasing u diego cause planes do not explode from fuel dumping. at least none that i know of and im a bit of a plane crash nerd just ask my dad, lol.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catgirl2548m

yes, that was swissair crash in canada. but it did not explode from fuel dump. either the pilots were ovrcome by smoke in the cockpit or the controle lines were broke by the fire from the ife. they were dumping fuel when they crashd but it was not a factor except that it delaid them in getting the plane to a runway.

but i was just teasing u diego cause planes do not explode from fuel dumping. at least none that i know of and im a bit of a plane crash nerd just ask my dad, lol.
LOL I'm no expert in plane crashes and well my memory could be completely shot but uh, didn't that aircraft simply disappear without a trace? thats how they came up with a conclusion that it may have exploded during the dump? I don't know I was watching coz it was very interesting but kinda made me nervous at the same time since I was going overseas alone for the first time. My brain might be playing Chinese whispers on me

I still think the most amazing one was the explosion over Lockerbie in Scotland back in '88. I know that was tragic but to see the plane turn almost to dust is just so scary. Oh, that wasn't a normal crash though so.....

I'd love to pick your brain sometime.