Juniper!

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I recently adopted an 8-month old cat that we re-named Juniper. We don't know much about her background, but apparently she was picked up as a stray and was running out of time in a kill shelter. I met her at a big cat adoption fair, and couldn't resist her beautiful expressive face and sad little eyes. She's adjusting quickly to life in her new home, and is energetic and fun, although she's very skittish about noises and sudden movements.

Before getting Juniper, I had a lovely cat named Gwen who had a very different personality-- quiet, shy, and cuddly. I got Gwen as a kitten, and had her for 15 years, so it's been a long time since I had a kitten/adolescent cat in the house, and I've forgotten everything I knew about what 'normal' looks like at that age, so I've been reading some of the forums and articles here. I want to make sure Juniper is happy with us, and don't want to have unrealistic expectations for her based on Gwen and her distinct personality, so I've been benefiting a lot from all the posts.

So, rather than just lurking, I thought I'd introduce myself and my quirky little kitten.
thoughtful Juniper.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Etarre Etarre - Welcome to TCS! It's certainly not difficult to see why she was irresistible - what a gorgeous Tortoiseshell kitty she is - and that expressive face and those beautiful eyes would make anyone take her home!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm welcome to TCS. :hellosmiley: Miss Juniper sounds like the perfect kitten for you. Her acting skittish about noises and sudden movements is perfectly normal after being found as a stray and brought to the shelter. But she will adjust at her own pace and I'm sure will make a wonderful feline companion. :catlove: I'm very sorry about the loss of your beloved Gwen, my deepest and most sincere sympathies. Glad you joined the forum and hope to see more pics of Juniper.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Juniper is beautiful. :catlove:

She's so lucky you spotted her at the adoption fair and saved her life. Kill shelters are so heart breaking to think about, especially when a healthy 8 month old kitten isn't even safe. :sigh:

Condolences also on the loss of your dear Gwen. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! The cats in your profile pictures are beautiful, too.

And thanks also, rubysmama rubysmama , for your condolences. We love Juniper AND miss Gwen every
single day.

Here's a pic of Gwen "helping" me work at home.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
8C1DA9C1-41D8-407F-9261-7D91008A68F2.gif
Etarre and Juniper, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
78CCA9F6-1391-4338-8B45-C0A4FE310C22.gif

So sorry to hear about Gwen, she’s a sweet looking gal and thank you for adopting Juniper and giving her a fur-ever warm and loving home.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Juniper is a great name for a wee-beastie! Such a pretty girl. Welcome to the forum from another newbie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kreatorcat Kreatorcat ! We agonized over that name for weeks, so I'm glad you like it.