Jimmy is having a breakthrough!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great pics, Jenn. You sure have a bunch of happy, healthy, beautiful kitties there.

Continued prayers coming your way for the new job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some "minor" news regarding Jimmy.

The last month or so I could tell he has been more relaxed in his mannerisms which makes me relax too...

So he is just one of the group. He is not the stray or the wild cat or the feral anymore. He just has his own place.

Today, ... after he sniffed my hand... in the kitchen, all the others walked up and I petted them................while Jimmy looked on a foot away....

I squated down and held my hand out ..........again...........and he slowly walked past me.

...................and as he went past, I put my hand on his back while he walked on by....... I petted him ONCE the length of his body!!!!!!

He went about 5 feet and stopped and turned around and looked at me for a sec and then went ahead and just saundered out the kitty door.

He was not scared....... and he did not bolt and he did not run. He acted surprised at the touch of my hand.

I am so excited. As soon as he comes back inside............... we will try again.....

It's been over a year now...... It's about darn time!!!

This week, he has taken to sleeping inside a tidy cat bid litter bin that i have rags in. In the kitchen. He wants food........!!!! He watches the kitchen like a hawk searching for prey....... bologna........yum.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a starting point now. He knows he wants it...... and he is thinking about it right now....

But no go for now...... He is close and watchful...... and that is enough for now....

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Jenn, that's great news.
You'll be petting Jimmy all the time before you know it.
He knows now that he can trust you, that's wonderful.
I guess I didn't word that right, he COULD trust you all along HE just didn't know it.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a pic I just took. It shows how relaxed he has become... This is my paint rag bin...... He has literally taken it over........ It's in my kitchen.

He lays in there and hides and when the young cats get on the table beside him he gets em............ He waits for them peeking over the top. He has turned out to be quite playful.... He is attacking Snoopy in this pic. I took this just a sec ago.

And it will be darn nice to pet him all the time. I hope to kiss his nose one day... I like nose sugar.....

but here is the "tidy cat kitty"............... haha Ya know, I was just thinking...... He lets the darn dogs kiss and lick him...... Muffin grooms him...... I want to groom him.... I'm jealous of the dogs.........

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an awesome event! You've made amazing progress with Jimmy! I have my fingers and toes crossed that you get the chance to kiss that little nose. He looks like he's up to some serious mischeif in that picture! I love pictures like that!!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a cute pic, Jenn. I love seeing Jimmy's playful side.

I'm so excited that you got to pet him and am sending lots of vibes for continued progress. Wish I could give tell Jimmy to just give in already. I know he wants to. He's obviously relaxed and happy there and has come to trust you. It's time!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, I am excited.

I am waiting on a nursery to call me back about some grass. They MIGHT have 6 foot long grass runners 18" wide for 3.00 each. I want 5 but 9 would cover it all..... It all depends on what they have. they dont' keep it in stock but sometimes they have extra. That is what she is checking on.........to see if they have extra..

Kitty grass, kitty grass, kitty grass.......

The lady is checking to see if they have any extras.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to kiss kitty noses too, Jenn.
I can do it to Gracie and Elliott...Lizzie always let me kiss her nose too.
Annabelle, she's a different story, I won't even attempt to kiss her nose...she's got a major case of "Tortitude" and she'd probably claw out my eyes

She can be the sweetest little thing one minute and "Catzilla" the next.

I just love that picture of Jimmy, what a handsome little guy he is.

I hope you get the grass runners, that'll make the furbabies happy!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The runners were sold out........ alas......

But this will be a good day that I can get a lot done outside... I am taking this weekend off. Comp days that I still get paid for. Boss told me she was fixing to pay the comp time off but I want the days off....... Now I feel lazy today. I can piddle and do what I want...... Cat patio here I come!

Also, I have not touched Jimbo again but...... he is displaying a different attitude. He is very calm and relaxed.. He just sits and stretches right by my leg.... He walks two feet away if I reach for him..... Just like Star.

We have made it to this point... Now it is time for the brush......

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, that is such a wonderful update Jenn. And a gorgeous pic.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a great pic but............. I am transplanting grass. Tired of waiting on seeds to grow.

Mostly rye but a little of some other kind thrown in.

Gotta go now........ Back to shoveling grass. This week, the whole 10 x 10 will be grass........ try to get a better pic later. When the seeds do sprout in the rich soil I am putting in there, it will be super thick........ like a grass pad.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm charging my camera. I probably close to half of it done. It's looks wild........... I have some tall grass and they are jumping and hiding and playing and going nuts....... good lord!!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love that grass........... I'll try and finish it tomorrow........ I can't believe I waited so long to do this. They like the tall grass.... They have been hiding under it and pouncing each other...... It took Jimbo a while before he actually walked into it.... but now he likes it..... He's been eating it like the others.

The gravel is where their little kitty river is when it rains....... We have an underground lake under our front yard and during the wet days, it over flows and runs through the enclosure... We dug a trench not too long ago and I graveled it today..... They used to have a bridge across it. I might make them another one when I finish and get bored one day.

By the way, the first and the fourth are of Jimmy. The other tux is Felix..... Look at Jimmy's feet and you will tell the difference. They look so much alike.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look so happy playing in that grass, bless their little hearts.
I LOVE that last picture of Jimmy, he's a handsome little guy.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jimmy is beautiful and thank you gracie...... He was sitting on his patio in that picture...

Here's two more of Jimbo. He was ready to pounce and play after he got relaxed in his new grass....... See the hair standing up on his back??? He was serious.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butterflies get in the enclosure and they bring them inside to us........

They are contributing to the food......They are mighty hunters.... Jimmy is probably an excellent hunter because he had to scrounge and hunt for food before he was captured. Yellow is also an excellent hunter as is Cow...

I need to read and see if sunflowers are poisonous. I have some I could transplant for a little yellow color to draw butterflies.. They really enjoy jumping after them.