Jasper has difficulty peeing

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How's Jasper doing? Is he home yet?
Pippin's doing well but I still watch him like a hawk. No blockages though so that's exciting. He's still not eating a great deal, but I give him 4-5 small meals throughout the day when I can to keep him eating. At least I'm not having to syringe feed now. He picks at his food though. It's like watching a picky child eat.
It's funny though, I'm so busy watching him and taking care of him, that I'm not eating much myself. lol
I'd love to hear an update on Jasper.

Devlyn

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just now found this thread and read it through... oh my goodness, what a nightmare! I'm hoping as hard as I can for nothing but good luck and good health for both Jasper and Pippin from now on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karabear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jasper came home last Thursday. He is no longer on any medications and looks great. Theres a twinkle in his eyes that hasn't been there for a couple of months. He is adjusting well to the new house and loves to sit at the window watching for birds.

He will go in tomorrow to get his stitches out. He will be very glad as the collar is driving him nuts. I've noticed that he has started to groom it just like its a piece of his body. He is so funny!

He has dripped pee a few times since coming home, twice when sleeping and once when my mother in law picked him up by the stomach. I am wondering if it takes them some time to develop muscle strength down there.

He is eating like a pig, just like old times. I'm so happy to see him eat. He lost 3.5 pounds in the past 2 months!

I am amazed at the care he received. He was really doted on by the vet staff. The total cost for his surgery and care was 138 dollars. WOW! The only cost was when the other vet had to put a cathedar in for his blockage. Our vet did the surgery for free and there was no charge for his week and a half visit. They are amazing!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KaraBear

Jasper came home last Thursday. He is no longer on any medications and looks great. Theres a twinkle in his eyes that hasn't been there for a couple of months. He is adjusting well to the new house and loves to sit at the window watching for birds.

He will go in tomorrow to get his stitches out. He will be very glad as the collar is driving him nuts. I've noticed that he has started to groom it just like its a piece of his body. He is so funny!

He has dripped pee a few times since coming home, twice when sleeping and once when my mother in law picked him up by the stomach. I am wondering if it takes them some time to develop muscle strength down there.

He is eating like a pig, just like old times. I'm so happy to see him eat. He lost 3.5 pounds in the past 2 months!

I am amazed at the care he received. He was really doted on by the vet staff. The total cost for his surgery and care was 138 dollars. WOW! The only cost was when the other vet had to put a cathedar in for his blockage. Our vet did the surgery for free and there was no charge for his week and a half visit. They are amazing!
That's great news...I'm glad Jasper's recovery is going well. I hope your mother in law was forgiving about the dribble.

I can picture him grooming his collar, that's funny. I bet he'll be happy to get rid of that.

And only $138?? Wow. I think that outdoes a bunch of the amazing stuff that my vet has done for us. That's great.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I missed your last update!! That is so great that Jasper is doing so well! I cannot tell you just how happy I am.....I wish I could give you a big hug, but this will have to suffice!!

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy to hear that Jasper is doing well. Pippin is too and gets to have his collar off tomorrow.

What an unbelievably awesome price!! I'm so jealous that your vet helped you out, but glad for you!
Here's hoping our boys continue to stay healthy and healthy for a long time after this.

Devlyn