Jake is sick again

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

That was my instinct too. I posted some pictures of Jake today in the More Really Cute Persians thread. Today when I went to pet him, I could barely feel his spine so I know he's getting back muscle and still gaining!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That was my instinct too. I posted some pictures of Jake today in the More Really Cute Persians thread. Today when I went to pet him, I could barely feel his spine so I know he's getting back muscle and still gaining!
AHHHH! THAT's good! Keep it up, Jake!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took Jake in to be weighed again today. He is up to 9.2 lbs! Also, his coat looks much healthier again. It's nice and fluffy, shiney and looks like it's starting to fill in again. He was chasing Jazzy around the last couple days so I know he's better. Looks like he's saved again! I told him the other day that he's used 2 of his 9 lives so he better spread them out a little more!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Took Jake in to be weighed again today. He is up to 9.2 lbs! Also, his coat looks much healthier again. It's nice and fluffy, shiney and looks like it's starting to fill in again. He was chasing Jazzy around the last couple days so I know he's better. Looks like he's saved again! I told him the other day that he's used 2 of his 9 lives so he better spread them out a little more!
That is so great. Keep on getting better Jake.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That sounds great to me, and you are a good mama to watch him. He's an adorable angel cat.

jasminecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mzjazz2u!!!!

It's been a long long time since i've been on, and when i found this thread my heart went out to you! Poor Jakey!!!!
I read the start of the thread with baited breath but i'm sooooo glad he's doing much better now!!!!

How are you and the rest of your babies?

Kisses to you all

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JasmineCat

Mzjazz2u!!!!

It's been a long long time since i've been on, and when i found this thread my heart went out to you! Poor Jakey!!!!
I read the start of the thread with baited breath but i'm sooooo glad he's doing much better now!!!!

How are you and the rest of your babies?

Kisses to you all
Wow! I was just thinking about you a couple days ago! It's great to see you posting!

I don't even know where to start because I don't know how much you're aware of. My calico kitty, Hallie (the one that had PKD) died about 15 months ago, in her sleep. Peaches is still big and fluffy and the princess of the house. I moved into a small condo about 2 1/2 years ago and rehomed Carmella and Henrietta. And since Hallie died, I found a Cameo Doll Face Persian at the humane society. His name is Jazzy. I wasn't looking for another cat but you know how it is...

Yes, Jake is doing much better. His fur is still thin in some places but he's bouncing back quick now. Don't know if you were around 1 1/2 years ago but I almost lost him back then too. That little guy just needs to stop doing this to me!

jasminecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gosh, i am so so very sorry about Hallie
The last i heard you were in a long standing battle to get her weight up from the PKD
very sad to hear that.

I remember you having to rehome Carmella and Henrietta.... but no i didn't realise Jake had given you an earlier scare...at least he's pulling through now- he sounds a fighter.

And this new Jazzy.... i'll have to have a little search on here for pics

And yeah, it's good to be back- hope to post more often

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bet you guys about had a heart attack when you saw an update to this thread! No worries.... it's good news!

I am so excited!!
Jake has been to the vet today for a follow up and he is 12.5 lb and has a clean bill of health!
Well, except for his chronic sinusitus. But that is just the norm for poor Jakey boy and his flat face. So.... guess who is getting a bath today?
He hasn't had one since end of summer because of his fragile state. Anywho... he'll feel better once it's done. He gets that greasy coat on his belly , chest and legs so bathing is a must! I'm on
and doing the happy dance!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a bit worried because a couple of neighbors were over last week and said they thought he was still way to thin. It must be just because he doesn't have all his fur back yet. As a matter of fact he pretty much has his summer coat. The vet said it could take him until next fall to get back on cycle with his coat and molting cycle.