Jake is sick again

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know enough about FIP to give you a good answer, but I know some of our members do. I just wanted to tell you I am glad Jake is eating on his own again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I don't know enough about FIP to give you a good answer, but I know some of our members do. I just wanted to tell you I am glad Jake is eating on his own again.
Thanks!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Ditto. If it were me, I'd be tempted to think as you are -- but that's hardly scientific!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

So glad to hear Jake is eating on his own
And he is doing just that as we speak! Or should I say.... as we type? It seems as if he is constantly eating while I'm at home.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok... since I work in a large reference lab and we have a small vet pathology department, I finally got smart and went in to talk to one of the doctors. He says from what I tell him, Jake does not have FIP and if he did he would have died by now. Especially since he lost 40-45% of his body weight as of Friday. He also told me that there is no way to diagnose FIP for sure until a necropsy is done and a high percentage of FIP diagnosis are wrong. He said Jake has made remarkable progress and is more then likely going to be fine. I'll write more about it later when I get home. I'm at work right now and I have to use what they call "quota time" here to visit this site and my time is about up!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Ok... since I work in a large reference lab and we have a small vet pathology department, I finally got smart and went in to talk to one of the doctors. He says from what I tell him, Jake does not have FIP and if he did he would have died by now. Especially since he lost 40-45% of his body weight as of Friday. He also told me that there is no way to diagnose FIP for sure until a necropsy is done and a high percentage of FIP diagnosis are wrong. He said Jake has made remarkable progress and is more then likely going to be fine. I'll write more about it later when I get home. I'm at work right now and I have to use what they call "quota time" here to visit this site and my time is about up!
Well that is good news...Come on Jake you have to keep gaining weight sweetheart!!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

That must have put your mind at rest! I'm glad to hear he's still eating and improving.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed he continues to improve, and I woudn't be thinking FIP with that kind of improvement either.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jake is eating and he looks good. Eyes bright and clear, no signs of yellow etc. He's still not as active as he normally is. But I imagine with his weight still being low, he just doesn't have all the energy he normally has?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jake is eating and he looks good. Eyes bright and clear, no signs of yellow etc. He's still not as active as he normally is. But I imagine with his weight still being low, he just doesn't have all the energy he normally has?
That is so great I have been praying
for sweet Jake

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, that is encouraging that at least he's gained a good part of the weight back. I just wish he'd quit hiding in my walk in closet and start eating more of his food.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. Keep them coming!
I am sending lots of good thoughts to Jake and to you! Bobbie

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

That is so great I have been praying
for sweet Jake
I love that smilie! So cute! And your support means a lot. Everyone's support means a lot. It is what give me hope and strength to keep on keeping on!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Jake, I think you and Much should have a eating challenge. Show that girl that you can eat like a big boy.

Tammy, Sending you prayers for your guy.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.... to everyone!

Maybe a little challenge would get both Jake and Much motivated!