Jack (RB) will be home for Christmas

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I did the currency exchange on the one you posted... it would be 100 without personalization... 20 pounds comes to roughly 31 American. At least that's what my converter thing on my computer says...

I don't know how long the line of personalization can be... but ideally it would be: Jack 2002-2010

He had just turned 8 years.
I have just opened a seperate thread, I hope you don't mind as I have somewhat hijacked this thread, sorry. If thats the one you want then thats lovely and will sort out personalisation and can you do a dummy order and add it to basket but not pay and see what it all comes to with your personalisation and shipping.xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hit the multi-quote on the wrong post... yeesh
(Natalie said)[You should pick out the Urn that you want. So far as personalization goes, there is usually no limit on the number of characters/lines that can be engraved. What you suggest "Jack 2002 - 2010" should be on 2 lines IMHO.

EDIT: I just noticed that they do have a limit on the amount that can be engraved, and it has to be on a single line.]

That one is just one line... the one they have that's similar to the one Ruthy posted can have three lines. The personalization costs more. In that case:

Jack
Rubslut Kitty
2002-2010

Originally Posted by Ruthyb

I have just opened a seperate thread, I hope you don't mind as I have somewhat hijacked this thread, sorry. If thats the one you want then thats lovely and will sort out personalisation and can you do a dummy order and add it to basket but not pay and see what it all comes to with your personalisation and shipping.xx
Oregon has no sales tax. One of the lovely things here.

I don't mind... it all does relate in a way to him coming home...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amanda, I'm so glad Jack's coming home.
And I'm also really glad you're letting Ruthy organize getting a lovely urn for him!
If things weren't so tight for Gary and I, you'd already have the urn for Jack.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amanda, I'm glad Jack will be home with you soon. I've never had a kitty cremated, mine are all in my own little backyard cemetery, so at least they're still with me. I hope things improve for you and Portia soon. Don't be afraid to accept a little help when you need it; everyone goes thru a rough spot now and again. (((hugs)))

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dove Lewis called... his ashes are there... they're within walking distance of me, so I'll bundle up and head over there... he'll be home shortly.

Thank you everyone... 2010 has been a huge rollercoaster of good and bad... I can look back and be glad i didn't get a major illness or injury again (two years running, but Jack's death hit at the same time the previous incidents hit in the calendar year, so that was my third emotional hit... maybe the spell is broken).

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tin his ashes are in is so small. I was wondering how much ashes there would be from a 14 pound cat... not much! If you've ever gotten loose tea from a Chinatown type of shop where it's in those little colorful tins... that's the size of this thing.

I put the condolence cards from the vet and Dove Lewis in the memory box with him. After he passed, they did a paw print card and took a clipping of his fur... those are also in the box. I'll put one of his favorite toys in there as well... as much of it as I can fit will go into the urn once I get that. The cards may stay in the box... along with pics of him I may print out (once I can recover that hard drive).

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

The tin his ashes are in is so small. I was wondering how much ashes there would be from a 14 pound cat... not much! If you've ever gotten loose tea from a Chinatown type of shop where it's in those little colorful tins... that's the size of this thing.

I put the condolence cards from the vet and Dove Lewis in the memory box with him. After he passed, they did a paw print card and took a clipping of his fur... those are also in the box. I'll put one of his favorite toys in there as well... as much of it as I can fit will go into the urn once I get that. The cards may stay in the box... along with pics of him I may print out (once I can recover that hard drive).
That is lovely that they did that.xx

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Jack is back where he belongs. I know how hard this has been on you.