Jack is having seizures again

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning has been a doozy. He had one around 6:30. After he came out of it I gave him his medicines. He has been on the verge of having another for over an hour- drooling, growling, circling. I gave him another dose of phenobarbital since that is what the vet had me do when he had multiples before. He is slightly better, no more circling or drooling but still growling some and doesn’t want to be touched. I am taking him to a new vet this afternoon because his old one diagnosed him earlier this year as being diabetic. When he was in the Tufts vet hospital ( veterinary school)I was told he was NOT diabetic. It is always something to worry about!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear Jack had another seizure this morning but also glad you will be able to have him examined by a new vet. Please keep us posted on his progress. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well not particularly good news. The old vet assured me that given his examination it wasn’t a brain tumor. The new vet thinks that is what it is. Suggested a neurologist ( which I can’t afford), but she also said if it was there isn’t a whole lot that can be done if it is. She added gabapentin to his medicines. He goes back Monday for blood work since he showed signs of seizing when they tried today.