I've been adopted again! Kind of long,(sorry) & picts! :)

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a thought.  One of our members who is super computer savy start a THE CAT SITE petition where we as members can sign our names in your behalf, directed to your landlord??   With ANNE'S permission first, of course.  Just an idea, a good idea  if this would be possible??  Worth a try?  What do you all think??
Would do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@mazi  , Thanks Mazie, that's very sweet & kind, but honestly, he wouldn't care, would mean nothing to him at all.  He would just think it has nothing to do with what he wants. He is not fond of cats. 

@catlover73  , Thanks for the thought, & I am friendly with my clients, but none of them have rental properties, nor a place for me. That would've been great though! 

One one good side, I did give out my card twice yesterday. The house I was at (many of you remember me posting picts. of the golden retriever, & orange kitty), I was at that house, & they had a plumber there.

The big tile shower had a leak, so had to gut the whole bathroom, & is being redone, so that will be nice & yay, I didn't have to do it yesterday!  Anyway, the plumber was nice, so before I left, I gave him 3 cards & said, if he happened to know anyone looking, I had a couple of openings. He said he'd pass them out. So hopefully he will!

Then, I went to make my car payment, & gave the teller a card, & said if she or anyone she knew were looking, I have an opening. She said that her daughter had been looking, & she would give her my card.

So, I hope she calls!

Also, today, a client text me that the cleaning lady at her husband's work had just put in notice, so they'de be needing someone. He's the music director at a church, so I called the number & name she gave me, & I am going to go talk to them, check it out tomorrow.  It's for the upstairs & downstairs, the youth center, & a mission house next door, where people who come to visit/ work with the church, etc.. stay.

He said it was about 3 days, 24 hrs. Part time. The only issue is, is I do have regular clients. I could possibly move them around a little on their weeks, in order to try & do this, but I fear it will be too big, too much, for me alone to do, especially already having other clients, but am checking it out anyway. If not, maybe someone in the church will need someone for their home. 

Even my mom said she fears it will be too big a job for just me. So, we'll see. 

So, either way, hopefully all of this will start manifesting some new clients!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's irrelevant. He entered into a verbal agreement with you as landlord & tenant. Did you give him rent checks or cash? Checks would prove the existence of such an agreement.
I used to always give him checks, but he took so long to deposit them, that a couple of times, even though it was already deducted from my balance, it somehow messed up my balance/account, so I just pay cash now. ( have been for at least a cpl of yrs now)  I also believe that this is why he hasn't raised my rent. 

My rent is around $100-$200 cheaper than some of the others, BUT, most of them are subsidized, (all but one out of the 5 or 6 of us), so where they may only be paying a very small amount out of their pocket, & he can raise their rent & it's paid by the government.  Where even though mine is less, I work hard to pay what I do. He is usually in the middle of a haircut when I take it in, so I just set my envelope on his counter behind him, we used to hug & say hi, but he isn't getting those anymore!!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's the latest with him? Maybe it will all blow over?
I haven't seen him, except to drop off rent yesterday. He was in the middle of a haircut & conversation. He just asked how I was, & i just said I was alright. he tanked me, & I said, "You're welcome." 

That's it.  I'm sure he thinks I'm "working on it." ..finding a new home for Sammy.  

I still have to type up something for the neighbors to sign, & then present to him.  

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been thinking a lot about you and Sammy.  Since he didn't give you a deadline to have Sammy re-homed, is it likely he might not mention it again? And if he does, can you just tell him "you're trying".  

I also think talking to your neighbours and finding out how they feel about your situation is a good idea. They may not be comfortable signing something though.  And even if you get all them to sign, I wouldn't present it to your landlord unless he comes back to you insisting that he wants Sammy gone.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking a lot about you and Sammy.  Since he didn't give you a deadline to have Sammy re-homed, is it likely he might not mention it again? And if he does, can you just tell him "you're trying".  

I also think talking to your neighbours and finding out how they feel about your situation is a good idea. They may not be comfortable signing something though.  And even if you get all them to sign, I wouldn't present it to your landlord unless he comes back to you insisting that he wants Sammy gone.
I agree [emoji]128522[/emoji]!!!! All excellent advice!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen him, except to drop off rent yesterday. He was in the middle of a haircut & conversation. He just asked how I was, & i just said I was alright. he tanked me, & I said, "You're welcome." 
That's it.  I'm sure he thinks I'm "working on it." ..finding a new home for Sammy.  
I still have to type up something for the neighbors to sign, & then present to him.  
Wouldn't surprise me if it all blows over & he never mentions it again. Boy, men cause so much trouble.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, when he wasn't agreeing to anything I was suggesting, saying I'd do, etc.. pet deposit, keep him inside, etc.. he just kept repeating that I wasn't getting the point. That if he let me, than he has to let anyone else, then if cats were ok, then he'd have to say dogs were too, & he wasn't having any of it.
Which is crap. He could say yes or no to one & not the other.
That was the whole reason I was going to do that w/ the neighbors signatures, to prove to him that no one cared if I had a cat, & that no, they weren't planning on getting one.
(Because of what he said about the guy nxt door upstairs having got one & he told him he had to get rid of it, or move, but that was a lie. His girlfriend was going to move in & she had a cat, so she didn't).

As far as a deadline, when he wasn't taking anything I was offering to keep him, I Finallt said that it wasn't going to be easy that its kitten season, etc... He almost interrupted me, as he doesn't care & said, "well, it ain't gonna be no two months either." So I feel like I only have until the end of next month.
I am afraid if I ignore it, don't bring it up again, in hopes he will let it go, he will get really mad I didn't do it, & give me notice! So this was a way to sort of have one more plea, since that's what he kept saying, that if he let me, then he will have to let anyone else.
The guy nxt door said he was on board, I know the older lady below him & I know she will sign. We are very friendly, & that's why my only possible issue will be w/ my downstairs neighbor, since calling about her visitors barking dog, is why he is saying no more pets.
It's all really rediculous!!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....But yes, if he asked in the meanwhile, I was just going to say that I was working on it.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would do that.
Primula, are you volunteering to get this petition of sorts started?   If that is a yes, I will pm Anne because I guess we would  have to do this through TCS, that's where our members all are. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Primula, are you volunteering to get this petition of sorts started?   If that is a yes, I will pm Anne because I guess we would  have to do this through TCS, that's where our members all are. 

Like I said, very sweet, but it will mean nothing to my landlord, so don't bother.

Last edited:

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I said, very sweet, but it will mean nothing to my landlord, so don't bother.
As you wish Kelly, it's just that this is so insane and to not be able to help you in some way weighs very heavy on all of us, dear.  Something good has got to come out of this, it just has to!!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

As you wish Kelly, it's just that this is so insane and to not be able to help you in some way weighs very heavy on all of us, dear.  Something good has got to come out of this, it just has to!!!
I know! It really sucks!!!   It's so frustrating, & stressful!  I just wish I could afford to move, & not have to worry about this ignorant landlord anymore!  

I am at least starting to really ask around, & also trying to manifest more business.  I am going to start asking all of my clients if they know anyone who has any places for long term renters, but It is hard to find the space I need, for the price I have & need!  Almost impossible!  Too much stress!!  

I just ask anyone who does, to please Pray,Pray,Pray for this whole situation!  Because yes, something good has to come of it. I don't want to lose Sammy! Especially after just losing Angel just 9 months ago!  The 5th will be 9 months already! So hard to believe.  .......Different, but still another loss. I don't want that to happen.  It's just all too much! 

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hell no! I said I would sign a petition, not get it started.