It's Over

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nikki - you are a beautiful woman. Dump this jerk, don't look back, and the one who can see you for who you are is right there when you're ready.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let everyone know that i'm still doing ok!
I had supper at my sister's house tonight so I thought i'd update while i'm over here. Thankyou again so much for the continued prayers. Please pray I find a good second job soon- i've been really trying, so hopefully my efforts will pay off soon!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I long for the person that he used to be and the way he used to treat me.....but I just can't be around him with the type of person he's turned into in recent months.
I would bet, that the person he "used to be" never really existed in the first place, and all that sweet & loving attention you used to receive from him was all just a facade to get you "hooked". That's the way it usually is with abusers. You don't see the real person till after they've gotten you to fall head-over-heels for them....

My ex was that way, too. He sure knew how to turn on the charm when he wanted to. But after he got his way, the snake in him would come out. He had more venom than a cobra..

Once I realized I was in love with a fantasy, all those stars in my eyes for him vanished...

Nikki, if you want any info on online support groups for peeps who've been in abusive relationships, just let me know. I really think it could benefit you..

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let everyone know that i'm still hanging in there. I am at my sister's house for dinner so I wanted to update while I have a minute.

Thanks to a very sweet angel, I will be getting my internet hooked up at my apartment tomorrow so I will be able to get back on TCS more often and have access to the internet again. I am so thrilled- that's definitely giving me something to look foward to, despite all of the negative things right now!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Just wanted to let everyone know that i'm still hanging in there. I am at my sister's house for dinner so I wanted to update while I have a minute.

Thanks to a very sweet angel, I will be getting my internet hooked up at my apartment tomorrow so I will be able to get back on TCS more often and have access to the internet again. I am so thrilled- that's definitely giving me something to look foward to, despite all of the negative things right now!
There are a lot of sweet angels who hang out at TCS.

I'm so glad to hear you're hanging in there, Nikki!
In time, you'll get over this, and be so happy that you hung in there.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! Just wanted to update and let you guys know i'm ok.

I'm at my sister's house at the moment. The internet company that was supposed to hook up my internet earlier in the week never showed after I waited ALL day on them (and called 3 times) so anyways, I cancelled service/etc with them. So for the time being no internet just yet. Instead I decided to go with AT&T. They are mailing me my self instillation kit/etc so I should have that around the 20th! After that all I have to do is get my brother in law to install it for me and get everything set up- then I should be good to go! So hopefully soon thanks to my wonderful angel, I should have internet!
I can't wait!

In the mean time I'm still trying to find a second job- been looking everywhere and applying like crazy...unfortunately even though i'm qualified to work as a Vet Tech and a Florist- I can't find anything in eithor field....so i'm looking elsewhere in addition to that as well. Please pray I find something good soon!

Thankyou again for all of your prayers and support everyone! I appreciate them so much! Hopefully soon I'll be able to get online much more often and catch up on all the threads i've missed!

No news really from anything between Colin and I. He hasn't called me or tried to contact me whatsoever so nothing new really. Things are still pretty aweful as far as that goes. I guess we both need prayers. I know he's treating me like crap, but I still think that he has something else going on with him (possibly mentally) so even all that aside if you guys could spare some prayers that he gets the help he needs that'd be good to. I do still love him, and I would never wish anything bad on him....even after all he's done to me, but i just can't be with him right now. I think i still have a lot of compassion and love for him because I know deep in my heart he really does need help- but I just can not allow myself to be his doormat anymore. I don't deserve to be treated badly just because he has some issues he needs help for. He has to get help for himself and make positive changes and I hope he does that reguardless of what happens between us...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

That sounds like a good, healthy attitude, Nikki.
Thinking of you often and hoping good things...
Thankyou Carol
I appreciate those vibes
I need them this week!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohoo, you'll have internet in a few days

I hope you are able to find a second job soon.

You have a pretty darn good outlook on the whole situation, and are doing a great job at starting to heal yourself. My thoughts are with you during your journey.

that Colin realises that he needs help, and is able to get it.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you prayers, vibes & some California sunshine

I hope that your internet gets hooked up on Tues., that we read about that great 2nd job very soon, and that both Colin & you get to heal. I understand how you feel about him - and I applaud that you show the dedication that you meant when you exchanged those wedding vows
It doesn't mean that you are a "pollyanna" or a "wimp" (your moving out shows the integrity, self-respect & courage that you have
) but it shows Heaven that you have a strong moral character - I am sure that all your ancestors & unborn descendants from over RB are smiling very proudly at seeing your faith & courage