It's Friday!!!! The weekend... what you all up to?

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh I just love Friday's, the best day of the week IMO...

What do you all have planned this weekend then?

I think that I might do some light gardening and then try and take it easy and chill out a bit. I am still getting over my cold/virus/lost voice thingy so I should rest

mmmm maybe I might go clothes shopping as well

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has your voice come back full strength Gilly? You should take it a little easy...

As for us, the weather is going to stink, so that limits us. But the good thing is, no work!!!!

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i think tonight i might have a bottle of wine , as i'm staying in

And the weather is eally nice at the moment, so tomorrow i might take the dog to the park again, and sunday i'm going shopping for a few extras for my hol's

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Has your voice come back full strength Gilly? You should take it a little easy...

As for us, the weather is going to stink, so that limits us. But the good thing is, no work!!!!
It was back to full strength yesterday (I came back to work as well). But then last night, I went to a concert and ended up singing & screaming so today I am rather croaky!!! They all think it's funny at work...

Shame about the weather for you, I have not checked the forecast here but today is a lovely day so I hope it's lasts for the w-end

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've spent the last two weekends working from the time my kitties woke me up at dawn until dusk, when I collapsed into the shower. Working in my yard, tearing ancient ugly dead shrubs & 2 trees out, then replanting some pretty new things. Put a trampoline together last weekend and thank the lord my daddy was there to help. Man was that HARD.

SO this weekend, it's momma's time to relax. I say relax but I don't mean it, because I don't know how.
My little girl is having a friend of hers over to spend the night tonight. Her name's Arista and she's so sweet, her folks are cool! So they're going to play & hopefully get out in the trampoline if it's not poopy outside.

It's supposed to rain and be colder than the norm here in Cincinnati; big time bummer. I wanted to piddle in the yard sommore, tear more things up, jump around with the girls, ride my bike. But no, weatherman says it's gonna turn to crud this weekend.

Then Saturday night another one of my daughter's friends is spending the night. I rented some movies from the house of mom & dad (they have a pretty cool library of movies!) so I plan on having some wine & watching movies and actually attempting relaxation. That is, as much as I can, with 2 lil girls running around & all that.

Oh yeah and hit the mall at some point this weekend with the girls! There's a sale of Green Apple candles at Yankee Candle, they're 50% off, and man do those green apple candles smell goooood. Gotta get me some.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the sun is shining here as well Gilly!
and the rest of the weekend is supposed to be just as sunny!, so it's on with the strappy heels tonight and meeting up with the girlies at one of our local pubs

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Well, the sun is shining here as well Gilly!
and the rest of the weekend is supposed to be just as sunny!, so it's on with the strappy heels tonight and meeting up with the girlies at one of our local pubs
well dont be getting to drunk susan

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sun shining?? I'm jealous, it started raining here this morning, and is still tipping it down.

Tomorrow I'm getting up early and taking the guinea pigs to the vet for the second part of their mite treatment. They won't like that. Then I'll have some s**t-shovelling to do, the ponies have been very busy this week! Might go riding , might not. One thing I definitely won't be doing is going shopping - it's nearly the end of the month and I haven't got any money left

Apart from that, I've just got a whole rainforest-worth of forms from Defra about land management so it's going to take me all weekend to read those & fill them in. If anyone in England hears the sound of manic screaming, it's probably me! They're worse than tax returns.....

Sue

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

I've spent the last two weekends working from the time my kitties woke me up at dawn until dusk, when I collapsed into the shower. Working in my yard, tearing ancient ugly dead shrubs & 2 trees out, then replanting some pretty new things. Put a trampoline together last weekend and thank the lord my daddy was there to help. Man was that HARD.

Oh yeah and hit the mall at some point this weekend with the girls! There's a sale of Green Apple candles at Yankee Candle, they're 50% off, and man do those green apple candles smell goooood. Gotta get me some.
But.... think of how nice it will all look when you have cleaned up the garden?
It's great for stress too pulling out all the dead shrubs and stuff!

I used to go to my friends house and play on her trampoline, it was great fun. My mum would never let me have my own trampoline "because it would look ugly in the garden"...

Ohhhh candles!!! My sister has just come back from Philly and she brought me back some candles from the Yankee Candle co. I think they are the Pumpkin ones and smell so lovely

momof6mews

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well lets see....Tonight I am going to convince my boyfriend to let me quit my job. And nothing is planned for Saturday. But Sunday Im going to the Shrine Circus!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll be putting more insulation in the attic. It's going to be chilly this weekend, and tomorrow (Saturday) it will be cloudy as well. I don't do well without sun
. I need to get out and do some gardening as well, but this weekend isn't going to be the one. I usually always try to have my annuals in the ground by "tax day" (April 15th) but I missed this year. Maybe a bit of drywall work in the hall closet. Today I'm putting in/wiring up a new light in there. It sure will be nice to have an additional usable closet! Maybe I'll straighten up the shop. In between feeding my fish babies, changing aquarium water, washing clothes, checking forums
... The weekend? What's that?

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to Columbus for a friend's bridal shower on Saturday, if the roads aren't too bad. Sunday, I'm just going to relax.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Carrie wait until your in Cyprus with their measures!!
Mum & dad are in Cyprus atm, I can imagine that my dad is living it up then if that's the case! lol

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Carrie wait until your in Cyprus with their measures!!
theyre probably about thesame as MY measures anyway
, ok, i admit, i like a drink, but only at weekend's though

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks as though it's supposed to be beautiful today and rainy tomorrow, which is good considering my finals are next week and I need to get studying and NOT lay out tanning!
Today I'll be going over to Brendan's, teaching a Body Pump class, and then coming back to my apartment to finish reading some chapter's and doing some homework.
Saturday I work at the visitation center at 8:30 am, followed by some volunteering at GPA until 2, and then over to Brendan's until 5:30 when he has to go to work, then back to my place to start writing my final essay in one class.
Sunday is my dad's birthday. So, Brendan is spending the night on Saturday and then going to work in the morning on Sunday. Once he leaves I'll be heading back to my parents for a few hours to celebrate my dad's b-day with the rest of my family. I'm pretty excited about it!!
Then I'll drive back to Orlando, Brendan will come over again, and we'll watch Desparate Housewives.

And that's my thrilling weekend!