It's Been A Little Over A Month Now...

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Paprika passed away a little over a month ago now and I knew for a couple of years that the end was not too far off for her. But, nothing could prepare me for the emptiness that I feel in my heart still.

The past week I have stayed at work late and a couple times I think to myself "I can't wait to get home and relax with kitty.." and then I pause and remember that is she is no longer with me. I feel so lonely without her. She had been with me for almost 18 years.

Today was another day that I stayed late at work and came home to an empty apartment. My fiance wasn't there either and wouldn't be tonight. I feel like everything has just been mediocre lately... My job isn't exciting to me anymore, one of my best friends moved away, an aunt of mine has advanced stage cancer, etc. Times like these I would snuggle up with kitty and she would just purr. There is nothing more calming and reassuring than a purr.

How I miss her...

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all know your pain at this forum, it is the same for countless others. Paprika would be the last one to want you so sad and lonely. Her love is safe and secure, eternally locked into your heart and bonded to your soul. We all learn from our pasts, it helps to form the future and change what brings us pain or what is not right in our lives. Paprika taught you the love of a another heart and she did well. Don't be afraid to use her legacy to open your heart once again, to add another love, one that will help hers grow and flourish. Go to your local shelter and give comfort to those sweet little souls who need to feel love once again, if only for a short time. You never know, you may once again feel that special bond that comes up once in while in our lives. It will help to distract you from your pain, and give you hope and joy for the future once more. If you can't bear that, give a small donation or litter/food in your little girl's name, it helps you to feel better about yourself.
Time is the only thing that helps, time and the knowledge that our loved ones are near and only wanting the best for us. We all grieve in our own way, it is a path we all must travel alone. But it helps to have the support and comfort along the way that only those who have been there can offer. And to know the love we shared is unending and we have enough to pass on the beautiful legacy our little ones left us. To add to, not replace, because what we shared is irreplaceable. take care my friend, and keep in touch......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We all know your pain at this forum, it is the same for countless others. Paprika would be the last one to want you so sad and lonely. Her love is safe and secure, eternally locked into your heart and bonded to your soul. We all learn from our pasts, it helps to form the future and change what brings us pain or what is not right in our lives. Paprika taught you the love of a another heart and she did well. Don't be afraid to use her legacy to open your heart once again, to add another love, one that will help hers grow and flourish. Go to your local shelter and give comfort to those sweet little souls who need to feel love once again, if only for a short time. You never know, you may once again feel that special bond that comes up once in while in our lives. It will help to distract you from your pain, and give you hope and joy for the future once more. If you can't bear that, give a small donation or litter/food in your little girl's name, it helps you to feel better about yourself.
Time is the only thing that helps, time and the knowledge that our loved ones are near and only wanting the best for us. We all grieve in our own way, it is a path we all must travel alone. But it helps to have the support and comfort along the way that only those who have been there can offer. And to know the love we shared is unending and we have enough to pass on the beautiful legacy our little ones left us. To add to, not replace, because what we shared is irreplaceable. take care my friend, and keep in touch......
Thank you for your kind words! I was having a bad night last night.

I actually do volunteer work at the local animal shelter. Started it up when Paprika passed away because I knew I needed time to heal and just love on some kitties before adopting again.

My fiance and I plan on adopting both a cat and a dog next year so it will be some time before I can have a furry baby in my home again. Looking forward to it. I miss the company that only they can provide.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I can relate completely.. It has been just over 2 months since I lost Artie..

I am so sorry.... I know.. the despair, the loneliness, the emptiness...

I am a bit better... grief has a way of still being there, but in the background, hiding...

Last night, as I was getting into bed, I broke down.

Try to keep yourself busy... I am so glad you have a boyfriend.. It really helps to have someone around.

Grief is something we all have to go through-- it takes time.. and time.. The hurt will never leave you; just diminish with time.. and will eventually be replaced with happy memories.. try to remember the happy, sweet, loving times.. it does help..

Tears will flow, screaming may occur, guilt will happen.. but this is what happens when we love.. and we love with all our hearts and souls..

Try to think about how fortunate you were to have Paprika in your life for as long as you did.. you loved her and she loved you...

Yes, volunteering is a great way to help with your grief.. I am doing the same. I went back to volunteering about 3 weeks after....... It does help.. each week, I fall in love with a 'new' kitty...

One day, I will definitely take one home.. not certain when.. but I know I will....
(((HUGS))

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can relate completely.. It has been just over 2 months since I lost Artie..

I am so sorry.... I know.. the despair, the loneliness, the emptiness...

I am a bit better... grief has a way of still being there, but in the background, hiding...

Last night, as I was getting into bed, I broke down.

Try to keep yourself busy... I am so glad you have a boyfriend.. It really helps to have someone around.

Grief is something we all have to go through-- it takes time.. and time.. The hurt will never leave you; just diminish with time.. and will eventually be replaced with happy memories.. try to remember the happy, sweet, loving times.. it does help..

Tears will flow, screaming may occur, guilt will happen.. but this is what happens when we love.. and we love with all our hearts and souls..

Try to think about how fortunate you were to have Paprika in your life for as long as you did.. you loved her and she loved you...

Yes, volunteering is a great way to help with your grief.. I am doing the same. I went back to volunteering about 3 weeks after....... It does help.. each week, I fall in love with a 'new' kitty...

One day, I will definitely take one home.. not certain when.. but I know I will....
(((HUGS))
Yeah it really is tough losing them. They become such an important part of our every day lives.

So sorry for your loss! May we continue to heal ❤

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
When our dog Rusty passed away years ago, neither Deb nor I wanted to come home and be the first one home to an empty house, it was just so quiet and final, the life was out of it so I do understand. But with time the feeling slowly went away, then we took in Smoke our first stray who adopted us really and now have 9 so the house is alive and well, very crazy but alive and well!

It will take time but you will feel better, it is just devastating when we lose them, the pain and sadness is awful, but eventually the sun does come out again.

God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

stephanie junca

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When our dog Rusty passed away years ago, neither Deb nor I wanted to come home and be the first one home to an empty house, it was just so quiet and final, the life was out of it so I do understand. But with time the feeling slowly went away, then we took in Smoke our first stray who adopted us really and now have 9 so the house is alive and well, very crazy but alive and well!

It will take time but you will feel better, it is just devastating when we lose them, the pain and sadness is awful, but eventually the sun does come out again.

God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
Thank you! ❤

Wow 9! That definitely sounds like a lively house

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And I say again, she is with you still. But not her precious physical presence, which is what you are missing so. My heart with yours.