It's almost time, thought I'd start a thread in this forum.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow 20 grams a day would be huge...from my experience of weighing kittens they should gain 10 grams a day. I've only started weighing my kittens this season though.

What a hunk!

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, what a sweet little face!
Looks like he's gonna grow to be very handsome little man!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sam, well, if that's the case then Zippy is gaining appropriately. He is so sweet, just like his Daddy. He purrs, and that sound from a new baby is so precious.

He's doing really well and so is Molly. She is a good mom, very attentive and loving. I am so proud. I know in 6 weeks when Maddie delivers she'll be just as good if not better. She has shown motherly instincts to the other cats and I just love seeing that.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Sam, well, if that's the case then Zippy is gaining appropriately. He is so sweet, just like his Daddy. He purrs, and that sound from a new baby is so precious.

He's doing really well and so is Molly. She is a good mom, very attentive and loving. I am so proud. I know in 6 weeks when Maddie delivers she'll be just as good if not better. She has shown motherly instincts to the other cats and I just love seeing that.
This is such excellent news. The only thing is my heart drops a little when we have boy kittens - because we need the girls so much. I love the name Zippy
and I love newborn kitten purring - haven't heard my little guy "Kumi" purring yet - sorry to hijack your thread with my antics

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sam, you can hijack all you want!! I love hearing everyone's stories and experiences!

Zippy is so darn cute, I know it's not going to be easy for us to let him go, but we will find him that special home that he deserves. God, I love the little guy so much!!!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Very sad news today. Last night we noticed he wasn't as active and wasn't nursing. We tried to entice him to do so, but to no avail. We have it till morning to see how he was and after feeding him KMR, waiting and then tube feeding, Zippy passed away in my hands.

We've been crying all afternoon, it's just heartbreaking.

RIP Baby Zippy. We love you so much.

tamarae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that, skewch. My heart breaks for you.

RIP baby Zippy, play peacefully over the Rainbow Bridge.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh hun, I am so incredibly sorry to hear this, what a terrible surprise and shock this must be for you after he was doing so well...
Rest in peace little Zippy...

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys. I now truly know how bad others feel when this happens to them. I did all I could to save him in his last moments. I wish I had him back.

I will have more babies, I just need to keep my mind afloat until then.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks you guys. I now truly know how bad others feel when this happens to them. I did all I could to save him in his last moments. I wish I had him back.

I will have more babies, I just need to keep my mind afloat until then.
Oh Susan. I'm so sorry.

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Loosing a kitten is so hard, especially one that you were waiting for for so long and that you got to know for such a little time. You know, even though his life was so short, he had you and his mommy and he got to know what it was to be loved. It is something many kittens don't get to know. I think you did all you could to save his life and it is just cruel that all the care and the love in the world cannot bring back a kitten when it goes away so suddenly. Again, I am very sorry for your loss. How is mommy cat? Is she searching for her baby?
I am sending you lots of hugs and vibes so you get through this.

RIP pretty little kitten.

luvmy10

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I followed this post beginning to end I got so excited for you and I also got upset with you. It is terrible to lose a kitten, R.I.P Little Guy! <3

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mawi, it's strange actually, Molly is not searching for him at all. I think she may have known that this would happen. Even this morning, she really didn't seem all that interested in nursing, even though I tried to get him to latch on.

Hubby thinks she knew. She has been fine since it happened. I, on the other hand, have been a complete basket case. I did finally stop crying, but I know it could creep up on me again. The mere thought of his face makes my eyes water.

I would though, like to extend my sincerest thanks to all of you who have provided support all the way through this pregnancy and now his departure. It is heartbreaking, but I will manage a smile knowing he is in my heart.

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Mawi, it's strange actually, Molly is not searching for him at all. I think she may have known that this would happen. Even this morning, she really didn't seem all that interested in nursing, even though I tried to get him to latch on.

Hubby thinks she knew. She has been fine since it happened. I, on the other hand, have been a complete basket case. I did finally stop crying, but I know it could creep up on me again. The mere thought of his face makes my eyes water.

I would though, like to extend my sincerest thanks to all of you who have provided support all the way through this pregnancy and now his departure. It is heartbreaking, but I will manage a smile knowing he is in my heart.
I am glad that at least the mommy is fine. Seeing her searching for her baby would have been even harder.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jacky, NI (the condition you named) is the reason why we needed to bottle feed for the first 24rs. We know that's not why he died because he showed no signs of it. I've seen pictures of kittens with it, and wow, he had absolutely nothing like that.

I think in general he may have been weak, although not to my immediate knowledge. He was fine for the 2 days he nursed, but it was the last day that was the end. He just stopped having the urge to nurse the night before he expired, and most likely didn't nurse thru the night. I fed him by hand the next morning and then in the afternoon after I fed him again is when he died cradled in my hands.

Mawi, yes the searching would have killed me. I do know that she is different today, not purring as usual. She usuallly is a purr monster, but she wouldn't sleep under the covers with me last night which made me cry while in bed. It was horrible. I hope she comes back to normal soon. But still, no searching for her baby.