It's almost time, thought I'd start a thread in this forum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so stressed out LOL The body socks I had planned to use on Molly don't fit. I tried making another one from a stretchy tshirt type dress, but that didn't fit either. For a cat that they say is only have one kitten, she's huge! so after cutting a dress, an arm off one of my sweaters then finallly cutting a nylon, we decided that once the birth is over and the kittens are with mom (will feed them while she's delivering, if she is delivering more than one) hubby will help with the nylon stocking. He said it would drive her insane if she wore it until she gave birth. Her balance was off while she wore it after we tried it on her.

So, at least we have a solution. If she doesn't have them tonight, I'm gonna run to Walmart and see if I can't find a leg warmer. I was just there when I bought the warm fuzzy socks and didn't see any. Might try this other store first. Can't waste a lot of time in the city just in case. I vowed not to do anything until after the kittens could go back to nursing like they should.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I did not write you back on fb.
I have been so busy with the shows.
I can not wait to see the kittens and might take you up on your offer in the future when I start breeding.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ive been following this topic without replying but now im really looking forward to seeing baby(ies)

i hope you can find spmething to "cover her"

cant wait to see the pics

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got home actually aj with a leg warmer type sock. It appears to look like it will work and I'll wait until hubby comes home so he can help me try it on her. If it works out, I may make her wear it to bed tonight, we'll just have to see. If not, hubby said he'd help put it on after she's done delivering. He said that removing the baby(s) until it's over is the best solution if she won't wear it until the birth is over.

Here's a couple pics of her. Like I had mentioned earlier, the pics don't show how big she really is but I did promise pics LOL She needs a good wipe down, but I am not going to upset her right now. I squeezed a boobie and yes, her milk is in for sure, but obviously she can't nurse them for the 24 hrs or so.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awwww look at her fingers crossed it will work hun!!!!

(im sorry i may of missed your name so your hun hehe)

i really hope the new "sock" works

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Molly is Blue Tortie and White. She has quite a lot of white on her, makes her appear more dirty. Maddie is a Blue Tortie, but she's not blotchy like Molly.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kaillee, me either! I am so anxious, it's crazy! I am hoping tonight after we go to bed, she'll wake me up and we'll have babies sometime before morning. Now, I know it's wishful thinking but today IS her due date. I don't wanna have to take her to the vet because of her being late. She has GOT to know Mommy is getting stressed LOL. I don't show it to her though.

Last night in bed I was feeling her belly and there was a head way down her abdomen above her hind leg. It was so hard and round, that's how I know it was a head and not a rump.

When is this gonna happen? Wish I were psychic but I'm not. She's not put out any signs either, but today she really has done nothing but sleep.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, no babies last night, so now we're overdue--well, yesterday was day 63, but I've not had a cat go more than a few hours past that. Will call the vet and find out how long they can safely go past. I know they can go to 67 days, but I dunno, I want to make sure.

I really did think it was gonna be last night, but nope, I was wrong LOL

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't worry, it can even go up to 70 days! I know how much you are looking forward to this (I was just there 2 weeks and a half ago!), so I hopw it will be soon!

I can't wait to see pictures of the baby (or babies!).

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I understand that, but I hope it doesn't. The time inside should be "normal" but because this is her first litter, I'm just extra nervous. I want it all to be over NOW LOL

We just had a nap on the couch. My daughter came home from school with a friend and I told them to just watch her tummy. Her friend was completely amazed at what she saw and then felt.

But alas, still no babies LOL

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are worried if we get kittens before the 63rd day. Persians & Exotics have low survivial rates before 63 days. We worry if the kittens are due anytime after the 68th day, again low survival. My litter I mentioned earlier on in this thread was too early- 59 days, or 58 days and I've just got one survivor.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh Sam, again so sorry. I know this is a worry for every breeder, and Molly being new at this, I just want her to be perfectly ok. She still hasn't shown much by way of first stage of labour. Like I said before, her milk is in and has been now for a couple days. I guess a person gets anxious when they know it's coming any minute, but geez this is the worst by far for me LOLOL

I know how I must sound, like a complete FREAK, but I'm not!! Honest!!! LOL

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give it time Susan.
I know you can not wait.
I was told Coco would have by July 26th and she had August 1rst on moving day and after 3am.
Sorry about the kittens again.
I love all the pics you send.
Coco was as a big as a house and you could see her getting kicked very hard from across the room.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Oh Sam, again so sorry. I know this is a worry for every breeder, and Molly being new at this, I just want her to be perfectly ok. She still hasn't shown much by way of first stage of labour. Like I said before, her milk is in and has been now for a couple days. I guess a person gets anxious when they know it's coming any minute, but geez this is the worst by far for me LOLOL

I know how I must sound, like a complete FREAK, but I'm not!! Honest!!! LOL
You don't sound like a freak - I have been birthing kittens alone since I was 4 years old and I still slip up and panic.....

Keep us posted