Its about that time for my little guy...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Welcome home Davidson!

And good boy Harley! You are such a good big brother
He really is a good big brother to Davidson- I am very lucky that my boys are so good with eachother!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad he's doing well!! I can't believe it was $100 for you for only a spay, and REALLY can't believe someone had to pay $350!! I paid the shelter I got Marlee from $40. That payed for her spay, her feline leuk and aids tests, and her first shots (of course the shelter was also overrun with kittens, and may have lowered the price b/c of this). For Milo, I paid $40 for his adoption fee, and then $40 more to the vet which included his neuter and his shots.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

$350!?
Oh my gosh!
Ridiculous huh?

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I go to a Vet in Glendale. They're really reasonable. I know a Spay is more expensive than a neuter, but only by about $10 or $20.

If you paid that much for Anya's spay you must be going to one of the more expensive Vet's in town. I can't even imagine paying that much for a spay. I could imagine a hundred but not much more.
I take her to an small animal hospital over in Beverly Hills that the shelter we adopted her from strongly recommended to us. So far I really like all the doctors there, although it can be a little pricey...
It's over near the intersection of Doheny and Santa Monica Blvd.

I've thought recently about making a change, but I think Glendale is a little far for me. I like to be able to run her to the vets first thing in the morning and still get home to drop her off before I have to be at work at 8:30.

--- not meaning to thread hijack Kenz
---

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

--- not meaning to thread hijack Kenz
---
Not a problem Emily- I don't mind one bit!

I just cannot believe paying $350 - but I know that sweet Anya is worth every penny

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

I'm so glad he's doing well!! I can't believe it was $100 for you for only a spay, and REALLY can't believe someone had to pay $350!! I paid the shelter I got Marlee from $40. That payed for her spay, her feline leuk and aids tests, and her first shots (of course the shelter was also overrun with kittens, and may have lowered the price b/c of this). For Milo, I paid $40 for his adoption fee, and then $40 more to the vet which included his neuter and his shots.
Thanks Ashley! I know, I guess it could be worse- Harley's was $150- only because we had to get his shots updated. But you know, for Harley's 1 year appt. (which we STILL have to make
) is $75!
I thought that was insane too.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG Kenz!!! You reall should bring the boys back here to the vet in FMT. They are sooo much cheaper!!! And he's such an awesome vet. It'll be like $24 for the exam, $15 for rabies, $13 for distemper....not sure what FeLV costs or if you want it. That's wayyyy cheaper than the vet you use!!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not a problem Emily- I don't mind one bit!

I just cannot believe paying $350 - but I know that sweet Anya is worth every penny
Exactly. My boss was like, "Why don't you just take them to the shelter and get it done?" Well, the only shelters I personally know of here in LA, such as the one I adopted her from, are always full of SICK animals. She would probably come out with fleas, a URI, and God knows what else.

So my response to my boss was this, "Would you take your real children to the LA free clinic for their shots/vaccines/surgeries if you had the money or the credit to take them to a better and more legitimate doctor?" That shut him up real fast.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

OMG Kenz!!! You reall should bring the boys back here to the vet in FMT. They are sooo much cheaper!!! And he's such an awesome vet. It'll be like $24 for the exam, $15 for rabies, $13 for distemper....not sure what FeLV costs or if you want it. That's wayyyy cheaper than the vet you use!!!
UGH....Natalie...

I just dont' know how the boys would handle a 2 hr car ride home, thats the only thing. The other day when I took Davidson in (on Friday for the vomiting) it cost me $65- $45 for the exam, $12 for that bag of crap food, and $8 for the canned crap he gave me that my boys won't TOUCH! ACK!!

Ok seriously I want to move back home, everything is so much cheaper there!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Exactly. My boss was like, "Why don't you just take them to the shelter and get it done?" Well, the only shelters I personally know of here in LA, such as the one I adopted her from, are always full of SICK animals. She would probably come out with fleas, a URI, and God knows what else.

So my response to my boss was this, "Would you take your real children to the LA free clinic for their shots/vaccines/surgeries if you had the money or the credit to take them to a better and more legitimate doctor?" That shut him up real fast.
Thats the truth, good thinking. Taking her for a cheaper spay could have ended up being a more expensive vet visit for URI or worse! Thats unfortunate tho

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

UGH....Natalie...

I just dont' know how the boys would handle a 2 hr car ride home, thats the only thing. The other day when I took Davidson in (on Friday for the vomiting) it cost me $65- $45 for the exam, $12 for that bag of crap food, and $8 for the canned crap he gave me that my boys won't TOUCH! ACK!!

Ok seriously I want to move back home, everything is so much cheaper there!!
Ohhh!!! You really should move back home!!!
LOL I forget about car rides, I know mine would all be miserable on a car ride like that.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ohhh!!! You really should move back home!!!
LOL I forget about car rides, I know mine would all be miserable on a car ride like that.
I'd LOVE to- what my parents pay for their 3 story, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, house a month, is what I pay here a month for a 1 bedroom apartment. NO THANKS!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad he's home and feeling well!

So strange how all these places have such different prices. Even around me (within an hour commute) I've paid from $40 all the way to $350 for a spay as well. Depends on the Vet. The $350 was very very highly recommended and actually my parents had been going there for years, but they've got a new staff now and new owners and they are terrible so I got the heck out. I like my new vet, but a visit for one cat usually costs me around $100 for a wellness exam, vaccines, and nails clipped. So X 5 cats.
. Well - what can you do - they are my babies right?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

It may have gone up. I don't know what the price difference between neutering and spaying is but it ran us about $350 for Anya's spay at the beginning of December.
Cheaper vet care would be nice...
that's a lot - Cable's was $47 & Java's was about $75. Java's was supposed to be $60, but they charged extra because she was in heat [without telling me that was going to happen, even tho i told them twice she was in heat
].

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

How's he doing tonight? Is he back to his normal self yet?
He wasn't his normal self last night
He was pretty mad at me still I think- he wouldn't let me, or John near him! He didn't even come up to bed with me for our nightly cuddles
But this morning he had his sweet normal voice back, begging for his wet food! Hopefully he gets over it soon, I told him he doesn't have to go back now for another year!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad he is doing better.
I think spays are more than neuters, because it's a longer procedure. It just depends where you go, though.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How is Davidson today?
Is he giving you lots of purrs & cuddles?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just seeing this. I'm glad your sweet cuddly boy is OK

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

How is Davidson today?
Is he giving you lots of purrs & cuddles?
Thanks so much for asking Lei!

He's back to his 100% normal self!
He finally cuddled with me yesterday and last night- and he's back to yelling (in his very loud voice!) for his daily wet meals. I'm sure glad to have my little guy back- and so is Harley!