It's a daily thread time for Thursday Dec 8th

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is cold here this morning! 22 degrees and I am sitting here trying to be brave enough to get outside and go feed the horses. It was going to be cold so I overfed them last night, they should still have hay.

All our Christmas shopping is done. The packages have been mailed. The kids won't be here this year which means I don't have to bake. I might make my chocolate pizza later and then use that as gifts for local friends. Mike is on his way to Portland to pick up more knives and the cats are running about the house like crazy maniacs. They love this colder weather!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the sound of the chocolate pizza MA!

It's 5 degrees here today and i want to go home!
I'm doing a bit more christmas shopping tonight and finishing off on saturday and thats me done

This christmas my sister is doing the entertaining so i get this year off
Then New year i'm up to the boyfriends in bonnie Scotland

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather is total yuck here today! It's been raining all night and it looks like it's going to rain all day with a high of 63.

I've got some cleaning to do around the apartment because my mom will be here this evening and will be staying the night. Now that I'm totally DONE with my undergrad work and am graduating on Monday I don't have to worry about anything for school.

I also need to call my ex and have a talk with him since he and a couple of our mutual guy friends (including roomies boyfriend) decided it was ok for my ex to come over to my apartment without asking my roommate and without asking ME! I'm pretty upset about it, and I definitely need to tell him that is NOT acceptable and that as far as I'm concerned he is NOT welcome here.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I also need to call my ex and have a talk with him since he and a couple of our mutual guy friends (including roomies boyfriend) decided it was ok for my ex to come over to my apartment without asking my roommate and without asking ME! I'm pretty upset about it, and I definitely need to tell him that is NOT acceptable and that as far as I'm concerned he is NOT welcome here.
Can he not rub anymore salt into your wound Katherine?!, as if the breakup wasn't upsetting enough

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys are in a heat wave! This morning it was -5 F (-20C) when I came into work. Yesterday the HIGH was 3 F (-16 C). BBBRRRRRR! At least it's supposed to warm up today to 30. LOL

I finally got my Christmas Cards done up last night, now I just have to get the postage, and some gift packages put together and mail them out. This weekend is going to be hectic, but should be fun. I have the office holiday party tomorrow evening, and then a rifle club's annual meeting where I will be presenting pictures of our Junior team from Nationals as a Thank You for helping to fund the trip. I don't know when I'm going to see Earl, since he's working this weekend too!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well it is rainy and eekie down here in Florida. Not too cold yet.
We are so busy today with Christmas orders. I think the new fade is to embroider your name on anything and call it a gift.
I also have 18 letterman jackets to get ready for Christmas presents.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm...just around freezing here at the moment, expecting to get up to about 5C (41F) "a mix of sun and cloud".

My cards are done and mostly gone (haven't done cards for years, but saw some I just had to send, so....) My shopping is started, but by no means finished.

And we're AT HOME for Christmas this year!
The family celebration on the Island isn't happening until January 3! -- to accommodate the various movements of family and minimize highway driving for those with little ones. So, I get to cook Christmas Dinner! Do you know how LONG it is since I've cooked a turkey?? Oh, good! 'cuz I sure don't!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is totally unlike me, but I keep forgetting that today is the 8TH and I haven't even started my Xmas shopping. I think I'll do that today!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are supposed to have snow today - 4 to 7 inches - which sends people into a tizzy here. I decided on a snowy evening wouldn't it be fun to make a crock of spaghetti. So, like a thousand other people today I went to the grocery store and stood in line for 30 minutes just to check out. What fun
I will just be puttering around the house today aimlessly wondering how I am going to cope because my 26 episode of "Phoenix" (a Korean drama/soap) ended yesterday

Katherine - you go! What an jerk !

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I like the sound of the chocolate pizza MA!

It's 5 degrees here today and i want to go home!
I'm doing a bit more christmas shopping tonight and finishing off on saturday and thats me done

This christmas my sister is doing the entertaining so i get this year off
Then New year i'm up to the boyfriends in bonnie Scotland
Where abouts in Scotland are you going? I am originally from Nottingham, moved here a few years ago and I have to say new year up here beats any others Ive had!

mmmmmmmm can I have some chocolate Pizza?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chocolate Pizza is the bomb Susan! I only make it once a year, it is a lot of work, but it is a great gift for people-

Katherine, your mom must be so proud of her daughter! Congrats on all the hard work you have done and for graduating! I would also think about changing your locks, so your ex and his friends can't take advantage any longer!

Yikes Heidi, that is cold! I can bet our 20 degrees (it's getting colder instead of warmer here) would feel like a heat wave. Care to put on your bathing suit and come on over?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is chocolate pizza??? Making pizza dough and adding chocolate in it??

It is cold, Ben and i are in a fight and its a weird feeling, it hurts but it doesnt???
im back at my parents, ive had enough moving in and out of places
i am going to stick here and get a job untill i can save and fly away!!!!!

Teufel and Kaylee have been upto no good

Its really cold here too, dont know the temperature though!
I am so hungry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Toppings: 2/3 cup EACH of three or four of the following:
  • Miniature M & M's
  • Miniature chocolate kisses
  • Miniature pretzels dipped in chocolate
  • Miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped and quartered
  • Butterscotch OR peanut butter chips
  • Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • Sweetened, flaked coconut
  • Toasted, cooled nuts (pecan OR walnut halves or pieces)
  • Chopped dried apricots
  • Whole or halved pitted dried cherries
  • Other suitable candy
Crust:
18 ounces good-quality milk OR
semisweet chocolate, chopped or as chips
2 Tbsp. vegetable shortening

Sauce:
9 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped or as chips
1 Tbsp. vegetable shortening

You'll need a 12-1/4 inch diameter pizza pan that is 1/2 inch deep. Use a foil pan (you can cut the pizza right in the pan that way), but be aware they are flimsy enough that you'll need to stack two, one under the other, for stability when you're making this. Measure out Toppings of choice and combine in medium bowl. Mix well. Set aside.

For Crust:
Combine chopped chocolate and shortening in large heatproof bowl. Place over simmering water on low heat; stir often until almost smooth. Remove from heat and hot water and dry bowl bottom and sides. Stir until smooth and melted. Pour into pizza pan. With back of large spoon, spread evenly, then run melted chocolate slightly higher up pan edges, leaving a lower area in the center.

For Sauce:
Combine chopped chocolate and shortening in medium heatproof bowl. Place over hot water on low heat; stir until almost melted. Remove from heat and hot water; dry bowl bottom and sides. Stir until smooth and melted. By spoonfuls, drizzle melted white chocolate mixture on top of chocolate "crust" to within about 1/2 inch of edges. Don't worry if you don't cover the entire "crust". Use all of the white chocolate mixture. When done, hold pan on opposite sides with both hands; shake in a brisk, circular, back-and-forth motion to level.

Note:
You may also make both Crust and Sauce in the microwave. Use microwaveable bowls. Heat chocolate and shortening at 50% (medium) power for one minute, then stir well. Heat at 50% (medium) power for additional short intervals, stirring thoroughly after each, until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from microwave and stir until mixture is melted and smooth.

Without waiting, by small handfuls, sprinkle the Toppings onto the "sauce," again stopping about 1/2 inch away from the edges of the pan. With back of spoon or fork, very gently press Toppings into "sauce."

Chill "pizza" until set, then cover tightly. Store in refrigerator, but allow to come to room temperature before slicing and serving.

Slicing this can be a little tricky. If you have a large, sturdy, sharp pizza wheel, you can try using that; otherwise, your best bet is a large, sharp, heavy knife. Maneuver the "pizza" out of the pan with a large spatula or two (it should come out of the foil pan very easily) onto a very large cutting board. If your "pizza" is at all cold, or if you try to make thin slices, it may crack when sliced. Score the top heavily where you want to make cuts; do not cut straight down without scoring, or the slices will crack. Once the top has been scored heavily, go back and make your cuts, pressing down all the way through the crust.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its almost -20 degrees celsious outside here. about a foot of snow already on the ground.. not sure if its suppsoed to snow or not today.

And we ahve done no christmas shopping yet.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I hate to say it's not bad here in So Calif weather wise at all, hopefully we won't get alot of rain, from where we live we can see the mountians and when it snows it looks beautiful, it lights up but I'm glad I don't have to be in it.
Pretty much done with the Christmas shopping just don't have a thing wrapped yet
Christmas tree and decorations are still in the gargae in containers, will be getting them out tomorrow hubby has 4 days off, don't know how well that's going to go with 8 cats in the house, I'll put it up bare for a couple of days and see how much there going to bother it, then try putting the stuff on it, I won't be putting out the village and garlend down the staircase
they would be hanging from it I'm sure next year maybe they will be better

Everyone stay warm where you are the suns shinning bright here although it's chilly but still ok

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh my gosh....that chocolate pizza looks absolutely decadent! Can I be your friend who gets THAT present??
Mmmmmmmm. I want some chocolate pizza!!

I'm sitting here on my couch in the downstairs living room, staring at my dissassembled Christmas tree. This will be about the 10th time I've reassembled it (thanks in large part to Sui). I found the Christmas tree skirt UPSTAIRS in one of the spare bedrooms and a few ornaments in different places. Sui is taking the tree apart piece by piece and dispersing it throughout the house.

Other than that, I'm enjoying a rare event.....I don't have to go to work OR school today. I can't remember the last time I had a complete day off. I do have to study for a few finals but I don't have to leave the house all day if I don't want to