Its 5 degrees here, how cold is it where u are?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

-19 degrees C here overnight. None of the cars would start without a boost this morning.

I want to know where the global warming is that everyone is talking about - it sure isn't the northern hemisphere.
same here, it has warmed up to -14c (7F) with the windchill bringing it down to a not nice -24c (-11F), but seen as it was -31c (-24F) with windchill earlier I will try not to complain too much about the -24C. It is supposed to stay around there (or a little warmer) for the rest of the week
before getting up to -2c next week

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
School was canceled today so I didn't have to go to work. It was -14 without the wind chill and -35 with the windchill this a.m. The kids were so sick last week that I finally came down with whatever they had and was thankful I could just stay home with my box of kleenex and bottle of Tylenol.

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is 1 degree here right now. That is -17 Celsius.

I had to go to the "Fahrenheit to Celsius Converter" to figure that out.

Regardless... it is COLD!!!!!! It will get better in about a week. I had to run the car for a long time to make sure it was warm to get Little Buddy up to the vet, who is just up the block. I'd run the car out of gas to make sure Buddy is comfortable. It was a good visit and we are both surprised on how Buddy is hanging in there... what a strong trooper! I'm learning lessons from him on how to be strong!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by markvg

It is 1 degree here right now. That is -17 Celsius.

I had to go to the "Fahrenheit to Celsius Converter" to figure that out.

Regardless... it is COLD!!!!!! It will get better in about a week. I had to run the car for a long time to make sure it was warm to get Little Buddy up to the vet, who is just up the block. I'd run the car out of gas to make sure Buddy is comfortable. It was a good visit and we are both surprised on how Buddy is hanging in there... what a strong trooper! I'm learning lessons from him on how to be strong!!!!!
Awe I am glad that buddy is doing well, isnt it amazing at what we would do for our animals I remember when Stormie was sick I got my warmest sweater rapped her in it held her instead of putting her in the carrier in the car and had the heat on
im a sucker what can i say!!! I didnt hear what happened to buddy
But I am glad he is being strong, u do take lessons from our animals on being strong I sure did on Willie when he was almost near death when he returned home, and here he is more spunkier than ever although he hasnt cleaned the dogs heads yet
but hes playing at 11 years old...animals they sure do amaze u these days and teach u alot of lessons
and for the F and C in degrees I had to go and look at a converter too
I had no idea wat everyones temp was that was using C

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on the weather here it is 12:22 am and it is -2 degrees F
and its garbage night and I gotta go outside

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Cincinnati the temperature is a balmy one degree with clear skies and the wind out of the south-west at 5mph. Time to break out the shorts!

We're expecting 3-5 inches of snow between tuesday afternoon and wednesday morning. If we get it, it will be the first significant snowfall of the winter. It hardly ever snows here. Bummer....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moving to the warm state of Ohio!!! My thermometer is -11F still.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's 9 A.M., the sun is out not a cloud in the sky and it is still 0. Most of the schools are closed but I still had to go to work last night.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had some chilly temps here in Tucson, 28.....24.....but today, it is a beautiful 49 heading for 76.

Come on down.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

We had some chilly temps here in Tucson, 28.....24.....but today, it is a beautiful 49 heading for 76.

Come on down.
I did not wear a jacket yesterday and it was STILL 70, at 7:30 p.m. I didn't even turn the heat on, last night.

After that freak snow, two weeks ago, I'm pleased with the current temps
We had the coldest January, since 1979 and I'm nervously awaiting my gas bill (good thing my tax refund is due this week).

gizzie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's -2 in Chicago right now but last night it was -5 and -20 with wind. I hate cold I cannot wait for Spring.