It Seems That I'm Now In The Catering Business

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
...but not for profit, it's for the organization that I volunteer for. They will make proceeds, which go to help veterans. I was asked last night to cater a monthly breakfast for an outside group. And I get to do it all by my little self. Glorious. I must be nuts. :evilgrin:

What have I gotten myself into?!?!?!? :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow. That's going to be quite the project. I know you'll do well because you always manage to pull rabbits out of your hat. Good luck!

On my food board, there's a lady who does a lot of breakfasts for senior citizens. She's amazing, too, coming up with all sorts of ideas and ways to keep things interesting. She'll post sometimes about being in a rut and wanting to know if this would work or if that would work better, but she always manages to do a great job.

You will, too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you!

I wrote up a simple breakfast menu for them (that can be done by one person), and they love it: bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and a fresh fruit tray (store-bought, even I'm not that crazy!), toast and butter/jam, coffee, tea, bottled water. I may sometimes throw in for free, homemade blueberry muffins or homemade apple pie, just to thank them for being good customers.

He also mentioned an annual banquet that was held at a restaurant, but the restaurant either no longer does it, or it's the one that closed (which is why they are coming to us for the breakfast meetings). Maybe we can get that account, as well---and evenings beat cooking in the very early morning, plus I can get more helpers.