Is your desktop cluttered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

ETA: How do you get the Facebook thing on your Desktop? I want that also.
Sorry, I missed the edit until it was quoted, it is on Windows Sidebar that comes with Vista but you can download the feed to any RSS reader

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

This is bad but I have this overwhelming need to clean your desktop. I am sitting her thinking why does she need the install file and the shortcut to the installed file. must clean
LOL I have no idea! Im not as computer literate as DH and Im more likely then not to delete something I need and make it not work any more so I keep everything and then try to make it look pretty

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at least it looks pretty

My BF downloaded something to my desktop today and didn't move it off so I have banned him from my puter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok I worked on it! What do you think now? DH is annoyed with me though because I asked him 100?'s which all sounded like this "Is it ok if I delete this?"

**I didnt chose the colors in my house it was like that when we moved in! We havent had time to make it look pretty yet

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's not too bad: I only have 12. I don't like to have more than two rows of icons, so if it starts getting past that point, I clean them up. I never could stand too much clutter..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

You really want to mess with your DH? this is fun.

Take a full screenshot of your desktop.

Open the picture fullsize in MS Paint. Then just leave it there. It'll take him a while to figure out he's madly clicking on a picture. not the icons.

And yes this fools computer literate people for awhile too
OMG!
That's hilarious!

My s/o would go totally insane if I did that to him.
He always yells "Help" for me to come to his aid, just for something as simple as getting to his e-mail account.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

ok I worked on it! What do you think now? DH is annoyed with me though because I asked him 100?'s which all sounded like this "Is it ok if I delete this?"
Much better

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How can everyone handle XP's default blue and green? At least try some themes, the default clashes terribly with so many people's pretty wallpapers.
And gosh people, take some stuff out your start up. You only bog your PC's down that way.

I finally got around to taking a cap - this is my 4th desktop. My reading desktop (for ebooks). Those are not icons. The upper right hand corner is the pager - those are my different desktops and the upper left is my ibox - that's where minimized programs go. All modules can be loaded or unloaded, including a dock if I wished to use one.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

How can everyone handle XP's default blue and green? At least try some themes, the default clashes terribly with so many people's pretty wallpapers.
And gosh people, take some stuff out your start up. You only bog your PC's down that way.
Maybe some people like it?

I don't have that much in my start up but I do keep open programs in the system tray