Is Wellness Cat Food Ok? Need answers asap!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh well, put me out of my misery I suppose! I have so many issues it wouldn't make much difference! Ill take my chances!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lmao... I have the you have to get in line theroy:L

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I hope NO humans are eating wheat gluten as the FDA was looking for this tainted stuff in our food supply( the tainted wheat gluten WAS HUMAN grade not feed)... Common items with wheat gluten : Bread Pizza dough
http://www.chemnutra.com/media/00001.htm

This is the company that sold the wheat gluten to Menu foods. They do not sell to human grade facilities.

ChemNutra shipped from its Kansas City warehouse to three pet food manufacturers and one distributor who supplies wheat gluten only to the pet food industry. ChemNutraâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s shipments commenced November 9, 2006 and ended March 8, 2007. ChemNutra did not ship to facilities that manufacture food for human consumption, and the distributor ChemNutra shipped to supplies wheat gluten only to pet food manufacturers. The total quantity of Xuzhou Anying wheat gluten shipped was 792 metric tons.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good mystery solved ... the FDA said they couldnt find it

You realize fast food is NOT human grade

sorry for the hyjack "_

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't to be on the safe side (for the kitties)! For myself Im sure not going to stop eating it... I'll take my chances!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cant answer as I am gluten intolerant

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have celiac or something sharky? Can't have wheat based products? My GI's once thought I had celiac disease, thanks god they were wrong!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No just intolerant was tested for celiac... i get to cheat without risking injury but it aint worth it ... and now I am on the blood type diet and WHEAT is on my AVOID list

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

UPDATE>>>>

Normally I keep PMs private but this is important

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcat
Quote:
But what plant is Wellness made at Menu??? or can you tell me at least yes or no to the one involved in the Recall...

Many cat owners want to know ... and info is scarce

I personally want to know cause my animals like some of the wellness canned and want to know

jennifer

Hi,

We do use Menu Canada and Menu New Jersey. We do not use the Kansas plant.

We perform batch testing on all of our products and we do not use any Wheat (gluten or othewise) in any Wellness products.

Let me know if I can do anything else!

Nicole

Thank you ... May I post this ??

Hi,

Feel Free to post it!

I would also like to add that we have procedures in place to clean between each run of food that is produced. We also inspect the plant regularly to audit their procedures. Since we take our quality very seriously we go above and beyond what is expected in the industry. We are happy to tell you that we require our facilities to pass an audit by Cook & Thurber, a HUMAN FOOD auditing firm. They have a great website that explains what they do and their strict requirements. They can be found at http://www.nsf.org/business/NSF_cook...gram=NSFCooThu

Dr. Sundlof of the FDA said (in a press conference)thet the Melamine that was found in the Wheat Gluten was in a Very high concentration (6.6%).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Nicole
Consumer Affairs
Wellness & Old Mother Hubbard

needless to say I will by Wellness
Thank god for this news
I just bought 5 cases of canned Wellness from Petfooddirect at 22% off for my 6 furchildren

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty words. But the killer toxin(s) have not been identified. Neither has the method of contamination. And the Emporia plant is far from the only one involved.

I will feed Wellness products to my furkids only if and when they break their ties with Menu Foods (as Natura is doing). Reassurances don't bring back the dead, so I say better safe than sorry. There are plenty of other high-quality foods out there unrelated to Menu. Solid Gold has two or three different flavors and Merrick and Natural Balance have a half dozen flavors or more apiece, to name only three. My kitties are currently eating about 13 or 14 different flavors a week - no getting bored here! : )

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

Pretty words. But the killer toxin(s) have not been identified. Neither has the method of contamination. And the Emporia plant is far from the only one involved.

I will feed Wellness products to my furkids only if and when they break their ties with Menu Foods (as Natura is doing). Reassurances don't bring back the dead, so I say better safe than sorry. There are plenty of other high-quality foods out there unrelated to Menu. Solid Gold has two or three different flavors and Merrick and Natural Balance have a half dozen flavors or more apiece, to name only three. My kitties are currently eating about 13 or 14 different flavors a week - no getting bored here! : )
Nutro is breaking ties with menu? Good to hear. Is there a story about it or is it on their website?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Natura is buildding there own plant ... they are the parent of Innova Cal natural, karma and healthwise

Nutro has there own plant but used menu since they didnt have the equipment for cut s and gravy...

Nuera is another company

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ilovemy2cats

Sharky, do you know if Nutro makes the pate canned foods in their own plant or do they use Menu for those too?
I am going to clarify this with my boss... but My papers from Nutro stated 90% of Nutro product is made BY NUTRO at the Nutros plants... My understanding is only the cuts n gravy are made by Menu... as that is about 10% of Nutros line...