Is the tree down yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Mine came down before Christmas because someone was trying to eat it.

My Mom always said the opposite that you had to have your tree down BEFORE the first of the year to have good luck, the following year.
That's hilarious!

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im probably gonna take mine down 6th Jan, though i would like to take it down earlier, i got a real one this year and it's totally wrecked, the cats took a liking to it

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've always taken down the tree and lights on Jan. 1st.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
12th night for me! I wouldn't get to see it much if I didn't leave it up til then anyway as I didn't put it up until a week before xmas then was away for a few days. Mosi is showing more and more interest in it though and has started to copy Jaffa with the chewing thing
but I think it will last a few more days.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine comes out the day after Christmas.I always have a real tree and where its put up is near the wood stove. So by then its more then ready to come down.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I took mine down Christmas night...
As did I. Actually I think it was around 4-5pm Christmas day when I took it down. Between the kids and animals I was so ready for it to go down.

I have never heard any superstitions about taking it down to early. All that stuff is a bunch of hooey anyways IMO.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been out of town since Wed...
what do you think
We just got back tonight. / Haha, i'll probably take it down this week. I would do it tomorrow- but i have to work 11-6......so no time.