Is She Gonna Die?

sang72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's too late, I would be happy to make a donation (directly to the vet) if it is in any way possible to help Star. PM me if I can help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabby 109

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jeez thats SO sweet of you with all this talk of donations, but the truth is my parents would kill me if they even knew that I talked on chat boards. I wouldn't want to make Star start fighting now.. she's too weak. She just won't eat... I don't know why. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow. But right now it's now longer a scare that she dies, it's a prayer that she lives.

I know I gave her a good life here. I don't want to sound like I'm giving up but I don't want to see her like this any more.

I'm sorry, I keep blabbing. But thanks again for all these kind gestures. I hope when I grow older I will be able to make the same offers to all of you!

ctcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Losing weight, drinking a lot of water yet dehydrated, could be kidney failure. My 10 year old cat had those same symptoms.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. If the test results are bad tomorrow, please don't hesitate to end her suffering. We're all here and we understand your pain. It is the last great gift you can give to her.

In the meantime, I'll be thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers your way.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tabby 109

My mom said that if I really wanted and thought she was in a lot of pain that we could get her euphanized... and I'm like "If we take her to the vet to have her euphanized... couldn't we take her to get some tests done?" But she doesn't understand. I feel so stuck. If any one has any more tips on how to get her to eat or maybe whats wrong with her... please let me know.

Why not make a deal with your Mom? Tell her IF she will help you take her to the vet - FOR a check up, and the vet says she is dying you will agree to put her to sleep. THAT way at least the vet will have seen her and maybe HE/SHE can make up a payment plan if your cat can be treated, and at least she won't suffer!

ALSO IF your Mom would take a donation, she can set up an account on paypal.com and anyone who will can send her money for the kitty there!

tabby 109

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so excited I'm posting at 6:30 in the morning, right before school! Star ate! She ate! She went over to her dish at her own free will, and crunched THREE peices of cat food! I know it may not be a miricle just yet... but it was the first time she even recognized food since thursday! I don't know weather to be happy or scared that the results are coming in today. I just thought I'd keep you posted that she ate... and she has a bright-eyed look this morning. I don't think it would have been possible without all your kind prayers and words. THANKS SO much!

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's encouraging - both of you are in my prayers

Please keep us updated on Star's condition!

ctcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tabby 109

I'm so excited I'm posting at 6:30 in the morning, right before school! Star ate! She ate! She went over to her dish at her own free will, and crunched THREE peices of cat food! I know it may not be a miricle just yet... but it was the first time she even recognized food since thursday! I don't know weather to be happy or scared that the results are coming in today. I just thought I'd keep you posted that she ate... and she has a bright-eyed look this morning. I don't think it would have been possible without all your kind prayers and words. THANKS SO much!
Great news!! It could be the fluids she received yesterday too. It is a miraculous how fluids help. It would be wonderful if she could go back to the vet and get some more sub q fluids. I know it is a long shot, but it is what she needs right now.

tabby 109

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's over. The vet called today. She has Kidney failure. Theres a bunch of things the vet can do for it, but her BUN level is super high... it's in the 130's and the normal is supposed to be 50-60 (I think). So to do anything drastic might make her bounce back for a little while, but there is no permanent cure. I might sound horrible, but I don't want to make my poor baby fight, especially when she's like this. So they wanted to have her in immediately, but we couldn't do it today. So her Euphanation (sp) date is tomorrow, at 4pm. I'm so scared. I'm gonna start a new thread about euthanization (sp) because I have a bunch of questions.

Right now I'm settled, trying not to think into it too deeply. But I'm sure tonight will be a hard nights sleep and tomorrow will be even worse. I can't bare taking her to the vet to be killed. It's breaking my heart.

Thanks again to everyone. I'm so grateful for all your support. Starzzie is comfortable for now, and hopefully will be to the very end. Please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks,
Steph

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im sooo sorry to hear this
I was really hoping it wasn't anything bad. Cuddle with her as much as you can tonight and enjoy the time you have left. We're all here for you to talk to. :hug: