Is she about to go into labor?

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I had a question regarding my pregnant cat, Annie. I'm not sure when she got pregnant, and I found her as a kitten and didn't know she wasn't spayed. (She had a collar on, but her owner didn't want her anymore, so we kept her. We just assumed she was fixed.) Right now, I think that she is about 9 weeks pregnant, and her belly is pretty round. However, about 20 minutes ago, she vomited up a lot of thick, brown stuff. She has been eating a lot, so I just thought it was her food. But, just now, she vomited again. This time, It was clear, watery, and white. Both times, the vomit was odorless. Also, last night, she had a bit of clearish white discharge. I'm not sure if this means that she is about to go into labor or not. Thank you!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is she today? She sounds within 1-3 days of labor and delivery. Tummy upset and diarrhea are not uncommon at the final stage of pregnancy. Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was being pretty vocal this morning. Usually, she meows at me if she wants something, but today, she seemed to be meowing for no apparent reason. She was also scooting on my carpet. This is maybe the third time she's scooted like that. My guess is that she can't groom very far down because of how big she is, as I haven't seen her groom as much down there at all.

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Annie has shown no signs of labor yet, although I did notice that she had a tiny bit of dry- looking, light brown discharge. Is this normal?

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are some pics of my girl over a couple weeks:
20200421_154818.jpg

This one was taken on April 21st (1st pic)
20200428_184645.jpg

This one was taken on April 28th (2nd pic)
20200504_164743.jpg

And I took this picture (3rd pic) just and few minutes ago. She doesn't look quite as round as she did yesterday.

Attachments

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Kitten girl(Used to be Kitten girl Aka Keira)
Young Cat
Purraise
Because in that last pic where it looks like she just has some fur hanging down is what my cat looks like

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yah, I think she is in her 10th week pregnant now

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
She shouldn’t get to 10 weeks it’s only supposed to take up to 65 days ( 2 months/ 8 weeks but like in the 3rd picture her belly went down so it shouldn’t be a problem

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens yet. She's just been sleeping and eating a bunch, but no obvious signs of labor. It's been more than 2 weeks since I've been able to see kittens moving, so I hope she has them soon!

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She shouldn’t get to 10 weeks it’s only supposed to take up to 65 days ( 2 months/ 8 weeks but like in the 3rd picture her belly went down so it shouldn’t be a problem
70 days is a little on the late side, but it's still within normal range. And that's 10 weeks. (65 days is a little more than 9 weeks.)

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So today, Annie has even more discharge, but this time, it's more of a darker brown than what I've been seeing. I read online somewhere that queens have darker discharge close to their due date? I'm not sure if this is true, but hopefully we'll be seeing some kittens soon!

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
So today, Annie has even more discharge, but this time, it's more of a darker brown than what I've been seeing. I read online somewhere that queens have darker discharge close to their due date? I'm not sure if this is true, but hopefully we'll be seeing some kittens soon!
Well if you do your lucky man cats gone

Kitten girl (aka Keira)

Young Cat
Purraise
I meant my cats gone

GiveMeYourCroissant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But, I think she is very close to kittens. Today, she was scratching around in her nest that I made for her (A large box with newspapers and old shirts). She was scratching and shredding the paper a lot, and sometimes she would go and lay in her box. (She was scratching and moving the paper in her box a few days ago also, but she would not lay in it until today)

Also, when I walked into the room we are keeping her in, I noticed that her entire back legs were drenched. I'm not sure what they were wet with, as nothing was spilled on the ground. Could it have been her water breaking? The stuff on her legs is clear and scentless.