TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I wasn't sure if I should. I didn't want to upset her belly by changing food if I didn't need to.

Thanks for the link that's good to know . I'm clueless with this. I do baby her a little more though. When I sit down for a minute she runs over to come lay on my chest, so I'll keep sitting so she can lay for a bit. She keeps doing this every time I sit on th couch. Even lays where she stretches her front legs so they almost hug my neck lol

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No I wasn't sure if I should. I didn't want to upset her belly by changing food if I didn't need to.

Thanks for the link that's good to know . I'm clueless with this. I do baby her a little more though. When I sit down for a minute she runs over to come lay on my chest, so I'll keep sitting so she can lay for a bit. She keeps doing this every time I sit on th couch. Even lays where she stretches her front legs so they almost hug my neck lol
Does she eat wet food now? If she does, you can easily switch her wet food to a kitten food. Fancy Feast kitten is a favorite among many cats, Mine are grown and still get a can from time to time because they love it. They have 2 flavors. Turkey and whitefish. I stick with the turkey. 

Dry food is different, If you want to switch her to kitten chow, you'd need to do it gradually. Keep her on what she's eating now and add a little more of the KC every day while cutting back on the old food until the old food has been eliminated. It's good to keep her on kitten food while she is nursing as well.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kitten chow is easy on the tummy, and pregnant cats definitely need wet food, especially ones like Fancy Feast Classic turkey or chicken, where the first ingredient is meat not by-products or filler. I generally recommend they be fed as much as they want when expecting. They need the calories and the protein. But she doesn't need to "pig out."

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She currently eats dry and will occasionally try and steal food off people's plates. She stole a small piece of cut up steak from my daughters plate ugh lol. I will pick up kitten chow and introduce it to her. How much should I feed her? She is a small cat. I think she may have been the runt. Her brother lives across the street and he's much bigger than her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please pick up wet food too. She really needs it. If she is wanting "people" food she is probably hungry for more protein, so the wet food will help her out. You can also give her plain boiled or roasted chicken cut up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, both as we explained. She should get wet food even when not pregnant too. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Wet food twice a day. Start with half a can 2x/day, and as pregnancy progresses go to full can 2x a day. Kitten chow available 24/7.

Last edited:

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh ok. I wasn't sure if the KC was the wet food I had to give her. I misunderstood. Thank you for all your help. I'll pick up some today. better safe than sorry [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kitten chow is dry food - tiny pieces packed with calories and protein.

The Fancy Feast Classic chicken and turkey is wet food with meat as first ingredient. You can use the Fancy Feast Kitten turkey, but Classic is good if you can't find kitten. Not all stores carry kitten wet.

She needs both now. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is laying on her belly on my chest and I rubbed the sides of her and she feels kinda bumpy [emoji]128563[/emoji]

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She hugs me and I think it's the cutest thing ever.

littlemeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww she's adorable [emoji]128563[/emoji] Can't wait to see the kittens!! My cat had a baby that's identical to her [emoji]128527[/emoji] Imagine if one of your kitties inherits the wings [emoji]128150[/emoji]

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not even sure if she's pregnant :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Getting an X-ray or ultrasound will tell you for sure! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it wasn't going to cost me close to $400 I would. This is what I get for living in NY lol.

What makes me think she may not be is I'm not sure if she's getting "wider", her nipples keep changing color do I'm not sure of what pinking up is really suppose to look like. She got out on the 13th of January and she was in heat. But I just can't tell. She is trying to eat everything though, drinks a lot more and her nipples do look swollen a bit.