Is my Riley girl pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think it's a pretty good bet that she's between 3-4 weeks along. Those pink nipples look like pregnant nipples to me.

littlemeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat was pregnant & she just gave birth on Thursday evening, it's Saturday morning now. At first I suspected she was pregnant because her nipples did start to pink up and swell, the colour didn't change that much but every cat is different I guess. You know your cat better than all of us so if you've got a strange feeling then it probably is true but she won't really 'act pregnant' until 5/6 weeks and that's when she'll start to show aswell. Just make sure she's kept in warm conditions and you pet her a lot [emoji]128156[/emoji] Hope I helped x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's very expensive! They probably were including bloodwork in that, but you wouldn't want an x-ray at this point anyway. It can damage the fetuses at this early stage. X-rays should not be done until much later in a cat's pregnancy. Ultrasound is safe though. Still, her pregnancy will show itself soon enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it me or is she looking a bit pudgy? [emoji]128563[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It appears to be a tiny side bulge, but hard to tell really.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it me or is she looking a bit pudgy? [emoji]128563[/emoji]
Yeah, it is hard to tell but she could be getting a little thicker around the middle. Time will tell. 

He makings are gorgeous!!  Love the angel wings on her back!!  She's a beautiful cat! 

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats why we got her. We loved her "wings" [emoji]128522[/emoji] Plus she was an adorable kitten.

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm now wondering if she looks like she's getting pudgy because she's been eatting more than usual [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm now wondering if she looks like she's getting pudgy because she's been eatting more than usual [emoji]129300[/emoji]
Yeah, it does seem as though she's starting to fill out around the middle. Such a pretty girl

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She attacked my kids hands when they went to rub her belly. She has me very confused as to what to think with her. I'm not sure if I should allow my pup run and chase her (they play) because she pounces her, just as Riley does to her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's in protective mode now, of her unborn kittens. She would probably prefer not to be jumped by the dog right now. Just follow her lead, like she let your kids know to leave her alone and not pat her belly. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So it's looking more like babies are coming ?! I guess I should cancel her spay appointment now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think so. I think she's eating for more than just herself! [emoji]128521[/emoji]

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not going to lie I'm excited [emoji]128513[/emoji]

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love kitties that's why I fostered. Loved having them run around them come and snuggle when they wanted a nap. I hope I'm not getting excited for nothing now lol

curiouskitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Duchess didn't want anyone touching her belly or picking her up. As soon as she went into labor she wanted me to rub her belly!

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's sweet that she wanted belly rubs to help with labor. Question, should I allow her to eat as much as she wants? If I leave food out she'll eat it and if her bowls empty and someone goes to the pantry she starts rubbing herself on you until you feed her lol