Is my pregnant cat nesting?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Weights are good. Keep an eye on the blonde kitten though. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So a few days ago Cheetos waa really bothered with her ear and we removed something small, very hard like a grain of rice. It's not any insect or anything, just something that could have gotten into her ear. Her ear is still really sensitive though. I'm taking her to the vet anyway but I need to ask if this could seem dangerous?

Also I noticed her panting a little with her mouth open twice today and her nose is very red. Could it just be the hot weather? She's nursing the kittens and eating normally.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could be the heat. Is she drinking a dish of kitten formula daily? She needs the extra calcium while nursing. Cats sometimes pant while nursing as the body is working hard.

It's good you are going to the vet for her ear. She may have an infection.

Keep us posted!

Last edited:

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We give her some every other day. She eats a lot as well.

What's bad is that I won't make it to the vet's in time today, and for the next two days the roads are closed for a religious event and I can't get her there. So basically I have to wait until Thursday or Friday.

Also, the gray one seems to have watery eyes. I'm worried and I don't like the fact that I have to wait two-three days to take them. :/

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could be they are coming down with upper respiratory infections. Hopefully waiting poses no problems. It sounds like you have no choice due to the holiday. Just keep your eye on them for symptoms.

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's the only one with watery eyes and I hope it stays that way. I don't know if they count as watery but I think they do. Should I wipe his eyes gently with a warm wet tissue? Just to ease his irritation a bit.

Also, they're beginning to walk and play with each other and it is the cutest thing! The white one is a ball of energy and keeps trying to explore. They try to walk-crawl over to me every time they see me. Weird how cats make me feel more loved than humans [emoji]128514[/emoji].

One of Cheetos' nipples seems irritated by the way. There's a little of red-pink next to it. Not the normal pregnant cat pink, but it looks similar to when a cat scratches me and the cut is irritated and swells a little until I sterilize it. That probably made no sense, sorry. I'll take a picture when I can but it's not appearing well on camera. She just seems anxious overall to be honest, I want it to be two days later already.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use a warm compress on her nipple, then apply olive or coconut oil.

You can wipe the kittens' eyes with a warm, damp cloth as well.

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll do that!

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Question.

Do female cats get along better with males or females? (If all are spayed & neutered).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It really just depends on the cats. If they grow up together they will likely get along. All my previous females got along. Male cats in general tend to be laid back.

Hopefully others will chime in here! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, okay thanks!

I'm asking because I'm not sure about their genders and I want to keep at least one of the kittens with Cheetos.

Weights again!

Blonde & White: 344 g (+40 g)
Blonde: 333 g (+45.5 g)
Gray: 355 g (+34 g)
White: 370 g (+35 g)

queenmargarita

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had both male and female cats living together all spayed and neutered and didn't notice a difference at all. My cats we're generally not very cuddly cats so they mostly kept to themselves anyways...but 12 years all living together and we never had any fights.( 1 male and 2 females) We also had three dogs (1 male 2 females) at the same time.
However I would guess it depends on their personalities?

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's the only one with watery eyes and I hope it stays that way. I don't know if they count as watery but I think they do. Should I wipe his eyes gently with a warm wet tissue? Just to ease his irritation a bit.

Also, they're beginning to walk and play with each other and it is the cutest thing! The white one is a ball of energy and keeps trying to explore. They try to walk-crawl over to me every time they see me. Weird how cats make me feel more loved than humans [emoji]128514[/emoji].

One of Cheetos' nipples seems irritated by the way. There's a little of red-pink next to it. Not the normal pregnant cat pink, but it looks similar to when a cat scratches me and the cut is irritated and swells a little until I sterilize it. That probably made no sense, sorry. I'll take a picture when I can but it's not appearing well on camera. She just seems anxious overall to be honest, I want it to be two days later already.
If you're weird, then so am I.  My cats make me feel super loved, too.  And I feel all maternal when they curl up and sleep with me.
Question.

Do female cats get along better with males or females? (If all are spayed & neutered).
I don't think it matters.  Connor and Murphy are both males and fight, but it's always play fighting.

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks all! I ask this because I was told females don't get along usually.

I'm worried about the kittens and the watery eyes. Can it be dangerous? I'm getting so impatient and worried. I love them so much. Also I wanna keep them warm so that the problem won't increase but they won't stay still, they keep moving around the living room. I tried all kinds of high sided boxes, I tried 2 cat houses and a straw basket, all warm and cuddly, but they won't stop going on the floor. What do I do? The weather isn't cold by the way, it's actually hot but the floor is a bit cold for them.

I only saw one of them sneeze a few days back, I don't think it was due to the infection. The only symptom is watery eyes right now. Yesterday it was only the gray one, now the blondes too. I hope the white one doesn't get infected as well.

Is there anything I can do to help with the URI?

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, this might sound stupid but are human colds contagious to cats? Because I've had a cold for a few days and I'm scared they have an infection because I'm close to them a lot.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They need to move around out of the nest to explore. It's normal and healthy.

It sounds like they are coming down with an URI. Just get them to the vet when you can, and wipe their eyes in the meantime.

Most germs are not contagious between humans and felines.

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's been panting and heating up a lot, even when she's not nursing. Her nose is often pretty red. Her lower breast is swollen and I can feel a lump under it. What does this mean? I'm taking her to the vet anyway but I'm scared. [emoji]128542[/emoji]

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's been panting and heating up a lot, even when she's not nursing. Her nose is often pretty red. Her lower breast is swollen and I can feel a lump under it. What does this mean? I'm taking her to the vet anyway but I'm scared. [emoji]128542[/emoji]
It could be mastitis.  Good that you're taking her in.