Is my Indies spirit here?

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

For those of you who don't know, we lost out precious furboy a couple of weeks ago...we picked his ashes up last week and since then some strange goings on have been happening.

Firstly, Indie loved to go into my wardrobe and sleep, I swore I saw his little face peeping out and I did a double take, but dismissed it as I am grieving etc. Then my DH said he was having a wash upstairs and heard mewing next to him so said hello to minx or Sid, but on looking no cat was there and so he came downstairs to find them both sleeping. Another night I felt a cat walking on my bed as I have done for the past 9 years but the cat would not settle so I turned the light on to see what the problem was and there was no cat there! I went downstairsand my two were sleeping so I asked DH if they had been upstairs and he said they have been sleeping for hours. We keep hearing a cat bell, but none of mine have collars on as Sid is waiting to be chipped and Minx's collar is off as she has had a sore neck! Lastly.. DH called me the other night but I was sorting something, and when I came down he said he saw a small light by his shins (he was sitting on the sofa) and it kept flickering about, he thought his eyes were going funny and rubbed them and it was still there, in the meantime Minx (Indies sister) was running around like a loon, almost playfully which is not normal at the moment as she's been quiet...then it was gone.

I know I sound bonkers, but I do believe and just before he was put to sleep I said baby, please let mummy know you are ok, make it something obvious because I will miss it otherwise! please let me know you are with me..., I wonder if anyone else has had anything similar happen?

Sorry for the long post xx

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard many stories here where Members have experienced their cats, so don't worry your not going mad.  I truly believe it as well

A friend of mine lost her cat, and 2 days after she passed she could feel her lying across her legs when she was in bed. It's how she always slept on her, and she didn't dream it

Do you feel any comfort from what's happened?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I believe in it, too. Hydrox, the Old Coot, passed away over 10 years ago now. I see him walking about out of the corner of my eye. I've been in the bathroom and saw him walking back the hallway; he was a sleek black cat and we don't have any black cats at all, so I know it's Hydrox. I've been in bed and saw him walk around the foot of the bed on the floor. Several times, I have felt him curled up at my stomach when I'm sleeping on my left side in bed. I reach down and nobody's there. But I know it's Hydrox. His purr rumbled and when I reach down to my stomach, even though I can't feel him, I can hear that deep purr of his. And I know it's not another cat. It's him. It doesn't bother or scare me at all to know that he's still in the house.....it's comforting in a way.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ashleigh.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you both. Susan, I cannot begin to tell you the comfort I get to know my boy is here. My DH was so skeptical before he saw our ghost figure here (that's another story) so if he has now seen orbs he is also happy his buddy is here. Win, hydrox sounds beautiful and I'm glad he is with you still x

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish that everyone that has ever lost a pet could read your post.  It's full of a kind of a hope that you can take with you every day, especially those days when dark, fatalistic thoughts may start to take over regarding a pet's health. 

Thanks for posting, and never lose faith. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, you aren't bonkers.  My RB kitty Chynna, used to visit me all of the time.  She used to love sleeping next to me on the second pillow, and until I moved to my new apartment, I would swear that Chynna would come and sleep with me at night.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such wonderful stories. I believe that too. I had a little neighbor cat who was sort of a tame Ferrel.(I guess that's what you'd call her. She was a stray, but friendly, & if you knew how, you could even handle her a bit, but carefully). ...or you might get a fast ninja cat scratch, if you rubber her the wrong way.

She showed up here, but because of Angel, I couldn't take her, so my neighbors ended up taking her. She was mostly outside, because she would tear things up in their house.(screen door, box springs.)

They were both on serious blood thinners, so they couldn't risk getting scratched by her either. Anyway, long story short. She hung around on my porch a lot. When I used to take Angel out on a leach, she would always tag along. Sense the neighbors couldn't take real good care of her, basically just fed her, & hung out w/ her, sometimes, I did what I could for her. I cleaned her ears once a wk. because they were nasty! (If I could have, I would have taken her to the vet). At first, I had to hold her down by the back of the neck, & W/ my forearm keeping her body down, but she let me do it!  I would always praise her & give her treats after.
 I think she knew I was trying to help her. (same w/ cleaning her bad eye).

When she passed, I was praying for her to come let me know she was okay. About 3 wks later, I was sitting on the floor playing w/ Angel, & I felt something rub against my back.

It was right on my skin, between my p.j. bottoms & top. It felt like Angel rubbed against me, & even though he was sitting right in front of me, I turned around half expecting he would be there!!

It felt like a feather duster going across my back. No one else is here. The windows were not open, the fans not on. I just knew it was Sheba!

I never told my neighbors, because I was afraid it might hurt their feelings, if it hadn't happened to them. Poor girl was always looking for attention, & I tried to give it to her & spend a little time w/ her when I could.

Here's a photo bucket album I made, of the pictures I took of her, as a memorial.

http://s1255.beta.photobucket.com/user/kelly8-69/library/Sheba     (hate the new photo bucket look, I used to have her picts on a page that was pink w/sparkely hearts) :(

Sorry, this got a little long, but wanted to give a little back story, sense she wasn't mine.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my Chrissy has passed in December I keep finding a single hair of hers in different parts of the house. She was a tabby so her hair is very distinct, not at all like my other two who are white and gray. I was thinking of her the other day, and started crying while I was doing my hair. I looked down and there was one of her hairs laying right on the sink edge. At first I didn't think much of it, because as you all know there is always lots of cat hair around! But now, since we vacuum daily, and have cleaned the whole house several times since she has gone, how can I still be finding hairs, like on top the counter, which is cleaned all the time? Also, the morning after she had died, my husband and I were standing by her grave and crying, my husband looked up into the sky and cried, "Please Chrissy, tell mommy and daddy you made it OK!" At that very instant a falling star streaked sideways in the sky, I hadn't seen one in years! I very much want to believe she is waiting for me, I loved her so much I just can't believe that dying would keep us apart. But I do believe she is still trying to comfort us with these signs. RIP beautiful baby! 

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are amazingly talented. The picture is breathtaking!

The only thing I can add to the thread is that after my BJ went to Rainbow Bridge, a few weeks later a little stray orange (same color as BJ) kitty came to our house. We brought her in and the frst thing she did was jump on the chair BJ had spent the last weeks of his life, sniffed it and curled up and fell asleep. She is our little Angel (officially named BJ's Angel). I really felt that she was BJ's gift to us.