Is my Cat pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmammy2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had to be put to sleep....I'm now hand raising 3 babies...I'm heart broken...need help

catmammy2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had a reaction...her heart stopped...left her brain damaged due to oxygen starvation..4th kitten died too.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
catmammy2017 catmammy2017

Oh no! :( I am so sorry to hear this, but you can do this! We will help you!

Do you have powdered formula and a tiny syringe?

Did the vet show you how to feed? How much? How often?

How much do the babies weigh?

When did they last eat?

catmammy2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have KMR -kitten 1 100g now 110g 2 90 still 90 (not good at suckling) kitten 3 100g still 100g ( I clean their bottoms after every feed ) the 2 larger ones do 5/10ml each feed...little one does 2/3ml every 2/3 hrs..2 cords still attached and long...they sleep on a hot water bottle (I change it every feed)
catmammy2017 catmammy2017

Oh no! :( I am so sorry to hear this, but you can do this! We will help you!

Do you have powdered formula and a tiny syringe?

Did the vet show you how to feed? How much? How often?

How much do the babies weigh?

When did they last eat?

catmammy2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They last ate an hour ago..I try and feed little 1 first then other 2 then little one again

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You'll need to feed every 2 hours this first week to help get their weights up. Are you using a syringe or bottle?

Will you have any help, because they must eat through the night also.

Are they peeing and pooping? Is the pee clear?

The hot water bottle must be underneath a blanket. You may find purchasing a heating pad more convenient for the next 3 weeks.

Would one of your other cats be interested in snuggling with them and cleaning them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Part 2 - I think that is a girl but not positive.

A syringe will allow you to feed without the kittens suckling to get their weights up. They will learn to suckle, but it may take a couple of days. You'll know when they begin sucking on the syringe and drawing out the milk on their own.

Right now go slowly, drop by drop in the side of the mouth. Let the kitten swallow and breathe in between. Always feed tummy down, head up - never on the back.

catmammy2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My other cats are male...they won't come near them..they look and run away. I have know they need feed through the night I don't mind. I buy a heating pad tomorrow. I have syringe and bottles. There's yellow sometimes when I wipe them
You'll need to feed every 2 hours this first week to help get their weights up. Are you using a syringe or bottle?

Will you have any help, because they must eat through the night also.

Are they peeing and pooping? Is the pee clear?

The hot water bottle must be underneath a blanket. You may find purchasing a heating pad more convenient for the next 3 weeks.

Would one of your other cats be interested in snuggling with them and cleaning them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Part 2 - I think that is a girl but not positive.

A syringe will allow you to feed without the kittens suckling to get their weights up. They will learn to suckle, but it may take a couple of days. You'll know when they begin sucking on the syringe and drawing out the milk on their own.

Right now go slowly, drop by drop in the side of the mouth. Let the kitten swallow and breathe in between. Always feed tummy down, head up - never on the back.
I don't know if you saw my above post because we both posted at the same time so I'm quoting myself. I wanted you to see the part about feeding with a syringe.

Yellow pee is concentrated and means they are dehydrated. You can mix the formula with clear pedialyte instead of water to get electrolytes back into their systems. Pee should be clear once they are hydrated.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Also, you can trim the 2 cords to about an inch from the naval. They will dry up and fall off in the next few days.

catmammy2017

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where do I get that from?
I don't know if you saw my above post because we both posted at the same time so I'm quoting myself. I wanted you to see the part about feeding with a syringe.

Yellow pee is concentrated and means they are dehydrated. You can mix the formula with clear pedialyte instead of water to get electrolytes back into their systems. Pee should be clear once they are hydrated.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You should be able to purchase an electrolyte solution from a pharmacy. Give them a call first to see if they have it.

Here in the states it is called Pedialyte, and is available on the baby aisle.

LouH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the UK we have dioralyte for rehydrating children (on holiday etc after terrible tummies and what not)
I'm sure they do non flavour ..?
Is that the same thing?
You should be able to purchase an electrolyte solution from a pharmacy. Give them a call first to see if they have it.

Here in the states it is called Pedialyte, and is available on the baby aisle.
e

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is good to hear! :clap2:

Hopefully they will each gain the minimum of 6-10 grams per day. More would be even better!

You can put a soft, stuffed toy in with them to simulate a mom to cuddle against.