Is my Cat in LABOR?????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailail

if its anus should take her to see a vet but by the vagina vets says it ok to leaks small bits of blood and discharge for a few couple days after that you should really seek a vet
Well like I said.. I have never looked down there. So when I thought it was her butt that had the dry blood .. it worried me so I layed her down and I looked and her wee-wee is right under her butt. So it is her wee-wee (her private part) that has the dry blood.
Thank you so much for your time and caring!!

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mine has it now too just looked i think it maybe she getting ready to give birth vet said it can be like it for a week before but if you are really worried ie she won't eat etc
phone the vet

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Jumping in a little late here, but my kitty had some dried up discharge (red) hanging around that area for about a week. Wasn't really happy when I tried to remove it!
I would say just try and keep it clean because that clumping kitty litter sticks to wet areas.
LOL
I bet she wasn't happy at all. Lilo was not even happy to let me look. She was

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailail

mine has it now too just looked i think it maybe she getting ready to give birth vet said it can be like it for a week before but if you are really worried ie she won't eat etc
phone the vet
AWWW congrats. Maybe we will be grandmas to our little furbabies at the same time. hehe

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Jumping in a little late here, but my kitty had some dried up discharge (red) hanging around that area for about a week. Wasn't really happy when I tried to remove it!
I would say just try and keep it clean because that clumping kitty litter sticks to wet areas.
i didn't think of that lol guess what i have pink/red cat litter and my cat white and ginger but mostly white

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat shouldn't be having her babies yet! you said in another post she's only 6 weeks along!!!! She is supposed to go 9 weeks. If she had the babies this soon they would be born dead. The blood was probably from her rear, she may have had bloody diherrhia. Alot of cats have roundworms that lie dormant untill the cat is ready to have kittens then they hatch and cause problems because they want to infect the kittens. I recommend that you take Lilo to the vet and get her stool checked for parasites.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bengalbabe,
I read in another post from two weeks ago that she had about three weeks more to go.
So, at this point, she would be due in one week or a little over that.
But then in another post, Bigcatfan says "due any hour"...She may mean any day now, I am not sure.

It doesn't sound like labour at this point.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bengalbabe

Your cat shouldn't be having her babies yet! you said in another post she's only 6 weeks along!!!! She is supposed to go 9 weeks. If she had the babies this soon they would be born dead. The blood was probably from her rear, she may have had bloody diherrhia. Alot of cats have roundworms that lie dormant untill the cat is ready to have kittens then they hatch and cause problems because they want to infect the kittens. I recommend that you take Lilo to the vet and get her stool checked for parasites.
YOu are right. I took her to the vet on April 15th and the new vet there said she was about 6 weeks along but he only felt her belly. I do not think he was accurate at all. He has recently made alot of mis diagnosis with my new kitten.
If I go by what my regular vet told me 4 weeks before this other one then she is right about on time. My vet told me then that she was about 2 weeks along. So if I go by what he told me then she is about 8 weeks. Still a little early.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well lets hope she holds out for another week or so! I think it's probably worms causing the blood problem. It's probably not serious just give your vet a fresh stool sample.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well lets hope she holds out for another week or so! I think it's probably worms causing the blood problem. It's probably not serious just give your vet a fresh stool sample.
OKay.... will do. Thanks again for your advice.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OKay... now there is more of it. It must be from her butt. How can I tell where her wee-wee is?
I bet this sounds really stupid.
But I try to look but she wont let me.
I want to know if it is her butt or her wee-wee.
I will just take her to the vet in the morning. If anyone has any advice tonight please let me know.
Thanks

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try waiting to see her go poo-if its from there she should have a little blood in her poo. If she's got worms she'll probably have diherrhia too. Did you notice any worms or blood in her poo? I know it sounds gross but sometimes you neeed to get right to the source =0)~
Her anus is the part on top-directly under her tail. Her "wee wee" is below that and it looks likes it has two "bumps", one on each side of it.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Try waiting to see her go poo-if its from there she should have a little blood in her poo. If she's got worms she'll probably have diherrhia too. Did you notice any worms or blood in her poo? I know it sounds gross but sometimes you neeed to get right to the source =0)~
Her anus is the part on top-directly under her tail. Her "wee wee" is below that and it looks likes it has two "bumps", one on each side of it.
Well she doesnt poo or pee in her box anymore ... she just goes in the neighbors yard somewhere so I never see it. I did take her to the vet this morning and he tried to take a stool sample but she was empty. he gave her 2 types of worm pills incase that is what it is. But he said he doubts it. It is coming from her rear-end though. Her temp. is normal. He said that her rear-end is very red and probably soar. He said he hasn't told me what it is yet. To just wait a couple of days to see if it gets better. He put her on ALBON antibiotic which is what my kitten is one for Coccidia. he also shaved the hair around he rear-end b/c it was all knotted up with blood and poop. He told me to rub Neosporin on it twice a day.
What do yall think???

Also.. I told him about the cat that I think is the one (or one of them) that got my baby girl pregnant. He looks just like her but he has no tail. He is VERY OBSESSIVE over her. Lilo has a boy cat that has been fixed next door that she has always played with. That other cat will beat up any cat that goes around her now. I have even caught him trying to mate with her even though she is pregnant. I though boy cats left girl cats alone after they have mated?????

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SEE... I just got home and he was out there again.

He must be a phsycho cat!!!!

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that explains it-coccidia is a parasite that causes blood in the stool. And yes some cats will still breed even after the queen is pregnant. My stud will breed my pregnant queen for the whole time I leave them together even though the queen doesn't really cooperate with him too much.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well that explains it-coccidia is a parasite that causes blood in the stool. And yes some cats will still breed even after the queen is pregnant. My stud will breed my pregnant queen for the whole time I leave them together even though the queen doesn't really cooperate with him too much.
So do you think my LILO has coccidia as well?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Perhaps it would be good to take your cat to the vet if you are concerned. They should be able to determine whether she has it or not.

Katie

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Perhaps it would be good to take your cat to the vet if you are concerned. They should be able to determine whether she has it or not.

Katie
Yes, I took her yesturday. But he couldn't get a stool sample. He just gave her worm pills and put her on Albon antibiotic just to cover it all. He wants to see her on Tuesday if she is not better.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am now wondering if whatever is wrong with Lilo ... it will cause her to go into labor early??? The vet says she is due around mothers day.

But that is still another week away. I know it is dangerous.
the vet couldnt get a stool sample yesturday but he put her her on ALBON and said if she is not better by tuesday... he wants to see her again.
I can even see her 3rd eyelid. Which I know is bad.
What are some suggestions to keep her calm and relaxed???
She gets sooo mad at me now when I have to give her that antibiotic!!!! :frusty

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe the male trying to breed with her some more caused her bleeding? If he was rough he could have done it, and scraped her or something on the inside.