is Luna pregnant!? (multiple photos)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna's water finally broke at 11:15 am and shes habing contractions and purring through them all! No sign of kitties yet. I see the first bubble as she's pushing now but only a little and it goes back in

Last edited by a moderator:

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She got up and walked to another box in a different room. Still pushing, no kitty yet

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Different box still pushing see bubble still cant see anything insude it, clearish yellowish liquid looks like its slowly coming further and furtyer out. It goes back in when she stops pushing but comes out further when she pushes. Now shes in the chair pushing. Im worried but she doesn't seem too horribly distressed shes not crying , shes had babies before i dont understand

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok kitten half out. Kitten out and alive! Luna cleaning it up. Kitty nursing and luna eating placenta. She didn't separate the cord fron the placenta, kitten still attached to chord. How far from kitten do i cut it?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To cut the cord, use a piece of of clean dental floss.  Tie it about an inch from the kitten on the cord and cut w/ blunt scissors on the side by the placenta.  They do not need to be sterile. Trim the dental floss.  How did the mom eat the placenta and not cut the cord?

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She started to eat the placenta but then stopped. I think its because she started to have the second one. It came out really easy. I'm going to give it a minute because she is tending to both now.

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Placenta number one is severed. I didn't realize number two was coming so fast. She is doing this like a champ! No crying at all from mommy

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it ok for her to eat the placenta off of the chord rather than chewing the chord first?

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mommas taking a rest, two latched on and the third is close to figuring it out. She still gas to severe two chords but she licks on them after a few minutes of rest so im sure she woll after she gets a breather. The third was breach so i think shes releived to be able to rest for few. Im not sure of their will be a 4th but shes taking a nappy on her back and i havent seen an more contractions

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'd go ahead and tie off those cords if she hasn't bitten them by now. Sounds like she's exhausted.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, nice job! How sweet. Pictures when you can please. I know you are relieved and proud! :)