is Luna pregnant!? (multiple photos)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you are concerned about the catnip, I would suggest taking it away from her to be on the safe side.

When you have a new question just post it to your original thread.

Your cat is showing signs of being at the end of her pregnancy. It all sounds normal. It is harder to see the kittens move at this stage because they are crowded, and because the babies "drop" lower in preparation for birth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oo ok thank you! Im new to forums haha, ill post everything to the origional thread from this point on. I will say i jist saw the pic you posted of your kitty in the thread about that gorgeous little long haird silver kitty and luna is not quite as hard and bloated as either of them cat, she still has some give to her above and below the balloon. We call her Lunaballoon now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's a cute name!

Yes! My cat was huge! Hope that picture helps you feel better about Luna. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna's belly looks smaller today. Her sides arebt buldge out as much like yesterday when she looked to have a sideways football in her. One side still buldges more than the other but it seems over all smaller. I havent noticed any fluids leaking out tho she wont let me get a close look, her back end fur has been dry. Could the kittens be dropping inti the birth canal?

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive given her multiple nest box choices and she has been favoring either the dinning room floor or the smallest box i have down haha should i be concerned about this? If i see her water break should i pick her up and put her into the bigger well lined box in her room ir should i just lay a towel down on the dinning room floor for her?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can do either. Play it whichever way feels right at the time when she is in labor.

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kicking around like crazy right above where her leg connects to her body

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The insides of Luna's ears have gotten rosey pink but do not feel abnormally warm, is this ok?

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you :) kittens are going crazy in there, they are def night owls like their mama

luna mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna is STILL very much pregnant, i had to go out of town yesterday and my boyfriend works nights and sleeps during the day. When i came home this morning i noticed that she gas some gummy dried gunk on her fur beside her vuvla, none of her cloths or boxes are soiled and all i see is the dark very dried buggary lookong clump on her fur. Her vuvla is not dilated and she is stiil acting the same as she has been, walking around and chilling out in her normal fashion. Could this have been her mucus plug? And if so , how long can she be without it before labor starts? She isnt confining herself to any boxes at all shes laying in the middle of the livingroom floor currently. I haven't noticed any other fluods, contractions or crying/panting.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could be mucus plug or just some discharge. Just be patient since she is acting normally! :)