Is Leon Going Into Labor, At Day 63?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The white ones will probably turn out to be seal points, since all the others are black.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
what is a seal point?

I know nothing about cats , and this is my first experience and was shocked to see two white babies

since I was told that the babies would mostly be black because Mommy is black and white ,and the stray cat that we think is daddy, is solid black...

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seal point cats have dark blackish brown "points" (face, ears, legs, and tail) with a lighter colored body. Colorpoint is a recessive gene. Pointed kittens start out white and gradually darken.

Referring you back to my predictions:
How Will I Know If My Cat Is Pregnant?
"If both parents carry colorpoint ("Siamese" points), some kittens could be sealpoint, or sealpoint and white. Pointed kittens are white at birth."

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well, it's been over 12 hours and mommy and babies are in a clean nest. mommy is finally sleeping and the lights are out.

I'm grateful she followed me around three times today and ate and drink plenty of water every time so I know she's feeling good and she purrs a lot.

good night and I can't thank you all enough for being here cuz I was really scared and stressed because this is my first cat and babies ever

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
like I said, I am not computer savvy

but I have a post on my Facebook timeline that has almost all the videos of the babies I took

... from the births until bedtime tonight.

and my post is public so hopefully you can see it with this link

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
f
this is my Facebook profile.

feel free to check out all the videos I posted in the last 12 hours, of Leon and her babies, including the deliveries

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
leon 2 days before births
Screenshot_20190425-174440.png

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear that all is going well! How are the kittens today?

Please be sure to keep her 100% inside until she is fixed. Moms can go into heat, which could be silent, within even a week of giving birth.

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
all 6 kittens are warm and fed and perfect.

mom is eating and drinking water.

she just ate a large strip of bacon too, lol

mom and kittens have a family fixed rate of $40 and have appt in June already

if babies aint 2lbs by then, mom will be fixed and babies still get the family rate once theyre 2lbs.

im worried, if i leave the upstairs, she leaves babies and follows me, and wont go back upstairs to babies, until i go up.

so i went to store just now and was gone 1hour. she stayed by the door til i got back.

are the babies ok, without her that long?

and, if I'm gone, and babies make a meow, will she go to them, like she does when I'm home?

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
and I would like everybody to know,

the only reason Leon got pregnant?

, we were told by the animal shelter and the Foster family , that she was a boy and when a cat started coming through our doggy door and attacking her in our kitchen, we took her to the vet to have her checked because the cat scratched her up

and that's when the vet said that no, Leon is a girl and that's when she got pregnant and she was only 7 months old

and since that happened we have the doggie door closed up and we found out a month later that she was pregnant

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
and that is why her name is Leon LOL

we have kept the name, because she comes to it and it's a habit.

and, my dad died a week after we got her and she was only 6 weeks old, and because we thought she was a boy we named her after my dad Leon so the name is staying LOL

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seal point cats have dark blackish brown "points" (face, ears, legs, and tail) with a lighter colored body. Colorpoint is a recessive gene. Pointed kittens start out white and gradually darken.

Referring you back to my predictions:
How Will I Know If My Cat Is Pregnant?
"If both parents carry colorpoint ("Siamese" points), some kittens could be sealpoint, or sealpoint and white. Pointed kittens are white at birth."
fascinating, i I will take pictures and post them randomly, to keep up with how the coloring is going on The 2 light colored babies

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seal is a fancy name for black when we talk about pointed cats. Another explanation could be a "siamese mix" for those whom dont know what a point cat is...
Being seal points, they will tend to darken up with age over the whole body. Quicker if they are much outside in the cold... But they will never become black over whole body.

So momma must carry the recessive point gene, and the male whom impregnated her, he too...

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we think that Daddy, is Leon's dad...
he's a big stray around here
and we're pretty sure that he is the father of Leon because Leon was found abandoned outside and they are exact twins of each other except Leon's dad is solid black

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
their skin on the white ones is very pink and pale.
you don't think they're albino, do you?

I was worried about genetic issues because we were pretty sure that Leon's father is the one that got her pregnant

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
their skin on the white ones is very pink and pale.
you don't think they're albino, do you?
True albino is extremely rare in cats. It is much more likely that these kittens are pointed.

Here is a video showing the development of a litter of pointed kittens (not my kittens, this is just a video off Youtube). If you pause the video on "day 1" you'll see how white they were at birth. The color gradually develops as they mature.

Last edited:

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
amazing info, iam watching the video now.

and baby 6 is a miracle, and i had a friend i called who talked me thru it.
I have never witnessed a live birth an animal's before, let alone having to save one that came out not moving and very skinny and cold and the sack was not attached to the cord s

something tells me it was in the birth canal when the sac became detached and probably sat in a little too long but I'm really glad that I have a friend keep me calm and tell me what to do and to get her meowing and breathing and even moving

and then I waited about 30 minutes of holding her and keeping her warm until I was brave enough to add her to the other babies because I was worried mom would do something bad

but she just accepted her, like she did the others and after about an hour or two
mom started cleaning her and licking her as one of her own...