Is it ok for my kitty to live in my bedroom?

brennok

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats for the most part did fine growing up in my room. I had roommates who were allergic when I originally found them as kittens. The only issue I have noticed is they take awhile to adapt to new people and they are scared of the doorbell.

Netharon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to add an important perspective to this topic. I am an overprotective cat parent. I have no kids, no wife, and no home of my own. About 8 months after I adopted my cat, I fell on hard times, and lost my apartment. I was not ever going to give my cat up. So, I went to being a cross country truck driver. My cat lives in a 72inch sleeper compartment with me in the 18 wheeler. She has adjusted to the space very well, and has even learned to love a moving vehicle, a bumpy road, sudden sounds, and constantly changing environments. My point is- cats are very adaptive and incredibly resilient. When we go on “home time”, it is for 7 days off at my parents house, confined to a single small bedroom. Again, she does completely fine. She is a happy cat because I spoil her with love and attention. That is what she needs to be happy. Surely, if my cat is ok in this tiny vehicle for 30 days at a time, then one small bedroom for 7 days, rinse and repeat- then your cat should do just fine. Granted, every cat has a different personality, but I think it’s fine.

Netharon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also wanted to add to my above post-
She has even managed to be fine with using the litter box while the truck is going down the road with the window open. All that noise the engine, road, and wind make- and she can handle it. All of this just proves how a cat can adapt to any situation with the right care.

Frankophile Feline Fan

Floofing the floor
Young Cat
Purraise
Colette stays in my room as well. When I come home from work, she gets free rein of the house. Usually she will follow me around from room to room or stays out on the patio. When I leave for work, she goes back in my room. If she doesn't when I call her, the laser light gets her moving. :insertevillaugh:

I was going to suggest to the OP to see if your kitten follows you from room to room, also. I think voluntary is preferable. Also, trying to catch a cat that doesn't want to be caught is exhausting :running: