Is he sick??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jlphilli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow that is similar. I took him to the vet again this morning for some SQ fluids w/ electrolytes, and right when I brought him home I gave him a little bit of canned a/d which he gobbled up (yay!). He doesn't act like he's in pain in a particular area, he was just laying around looking uncomfortable (but would still get up and play w/ the dog every once in awhile). He did throw up this morning, but he ate a tiny amount of canned before I took him to the vet and he has kept it down. Right now he is back asleep so we will see how it goes. If he doesn't get any better tommorow, I am taking him back to the vet for some comparison x-rays to see what's going on. The vet today said they didn't want to give him any anti-biotics yet since he is so small; they want to see if his system can "work it out" if he just got into something that didn't agree with him etc.

zazi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK - well that's good! The electrolytes are important. You can probably give him pedialyte instead of water or chicken broth.

If i may make a suggestion, IF the gas bubble has not moved or gotten smaller, and if it has gotten bigger you may want to just ask you vet if it could be an abcess.

The vet may say yes or no but the great thing is that there are no test fees or anything. He will probably just palpate the area a little.

With my kitty with the abcess it was a full 4 days before they realised that the ER vet had mis diagnosed her. By that time a large area of her stomach fat had been taken in by the abcess.

So glad to hear things are under control!

Healing vibes coming your way!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would ask about bene bac to the vet... since he is not on a antibiotic prehaps a good probiotic or prebiotic would assist his system

A/d doesnt read well but it works

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jlphilli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great news! He is back to his normal, crazy self and is eating like a pig...he still has diarrhea but the vet said that should clear up on it's own. I am still going to syringe him some pedialite (I think that helped a lot) until the diarrhea is gone. Thanks for everybody's advice and help!

zazi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
fantastic!!!!

To clear up the diarrhea real quick you can give kitty bolied chicken breast. That should clear it up right away!

Then you can re-introduce dry food slowly.