mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Coco and Cleo.
Coco has never had attidue.
She never hisses whines or growls.
My problem is she is to friendly.
My have Russian Blue dosent have a attidue either.
The problem with her is she is scared of anyone that comes over she dosent know.
Cleo is only 5 months but so far has not had a attitude.
She does hiss at dogs though.
She hissed at my sisters dog and at the vets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind replies and for sharing pictures of your beautiful cats. I have not seen her yet, so I am not sure if she is calico or torti, but admittedly I don't know the difference (?) I always think of a calico as having white in a mix of colors. DH says she has long hair. Even though there is a possibility someone else might take her, I am already thinking of names.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The reason I joined this site a few months back was because of trouble I was having with a feral tortie I brought into the house.

She was horribly aggressive and beat the crap out of my neutered males. I had a silver tabby female awhile back who was very mild mannered, so I don't know if this tortie is the way she is from "femaleness" or "tortieness".

She's calmed down considerably (fixing her helped), but still has way more attitude than the other two. But she is a positively gorgeous long-haired kitty.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coat color has no more bearing on an animal's personality than hair or skin color does on ours. Upbringing (socialization), spay or not spay - how old the cat was when spay, and sex will affect that a lot more. The only time it may truly affect the cat is if it is white and blue eyed - and then that will be because the cat is likely deaf.

I've noticed a lot of female cats having attitudes, though for everyone with a major attitude there's one that's the sweetest cat ever. Males tend to be more kicked back after neutering and a couple years - but again, they can have attitudes too. (Turns our my Sherman has a bit of one.
)

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coat color doesn't always mean much - it's the cat themselves and what they have been through - if much.

My calico Kuce is a real sweetheart and will put up with a lot of things. You wouldn't know that she is a calico or a rescue.

Luvbug is also a rescued black cat and a total loverboy.

Its our current youngster Lil' Jag - our Black Smoke girl that has the attitude (though she can be sweet).

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've only had male cats and they've all been very sweet. A solid gray, tuxedo and a tabby.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lovely long haired red tabby and he is a doll 50% of the time the other 50% of the time he gives me lip like he's a 15 year old going through puberty. I'm serious he back talks me when he doesn't like things, when I ask him to move and he doesn't want to--its awful. He's always running his mouth about something--cats that talk are overrated.

Leslie

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my calico is very full of attitude, but a friend's calicos are both sweet as can be, all the time, so I'd say coat color doesn't necessarily have anything to do with anything except coat color. Thank you for adopting this little girl. You'll never regret it.

carla1183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our grey tabby definitely has a "Papa bear" personality. He heards his "sister" around and is definitely the boss about when it is snuggling time and when it isn't!

Our solid black baby girl is the most cuddly little love bug I've ever been around. She can't stand to be away from us if we're home and I often have to remove her from my throat in the middle of the night!