Is anyone switching over to Windows Vista?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

We're completely away from all Microsoft products now - we're 100% Mac and Linux and it's great!
I think I'll take a look at the Mac. Thanks for the reminder!

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work in the computer business and my company wants no part of going to Vista. Some commercial programs don't work yet and we need to test our programs.

A definate NO

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
From what I read, it takes a lot of memory and computer resources. As with XP, I will wait until I need a new computer. I expect my XP machines to last me awhile.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Earl has been a Microsoft Beta Tester and has been running Vista (on one of his machines, not the primary because of audio specific software that isn't compatible yet) with great success for months.

It IS a system hog, but it's a really great OS - completely built from the ground up, as opposed to everything since Windows 98 that has been based on the same system. I was a part of the public Beta of the new Office, and it is SWEET! It takes a while to get used to because the user interface is completely different than what we're used to, but it makes more sense if you can let go of what we've been using forever now.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a chance. I only upgrade when i have to. I had the beta version also.
the sound card, video card had no drivers for them. so it will be some time before i get around to it.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In March DH will start building his own system, so we'll upgrade then. My machine is going to run Window's XP until it dies.