Is Anyone Having A Crap 2019 ?

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is anyone having the crappiest year in 2019 ?

So far this year soon as it turned 2019 everything has gone to crap house for me. Its like every 2 or 3 days poo gets thrown in my face from all angles , at work, at home, finanically, socially, health wise , and phsycially and emotionally i am exhausted at its 1 day to july the middle of the year. Its like this year 2019 is the most depressing year for me, nothing has gone right. When i wake up , i know there will be some crap to deal with. I try to make good of the siutation but something has to crap on it.

Its like there is either someone or group of people who causing this to drag me down, sabotaging things or purposfully doing things to screw me over. I know it sounds paranoid to say it, but it keeps on happening and my gut feeling is telling me something isnt right.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had more than a few such years, mainly because I have been around for so many years, thus increasing the opportunity for....er.....stuff to happen. The only thing to do in such cases is to put your head down and keep trying to move forward. Nothing lasts forever, not even bad times.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry things have been so bad for you, but I really do feel your pain.

So far for me, 2019 has sucked. Nothing like having your husband call you at work nearly every day and tell you he feels horrible, he's never felt this bad, he's thinking about ending his life. And that's just one of the many things being thrown at me end of last year and first part of this year. But I think he's starting to get a little better, so hope maybe the second half won't be so bad. I really did want to go up north to see my family, but that won't be happening.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A buddy and I were just talking this afternoon about how this year seems to be crap for a lot of folks.
Let's just say, I won't stick it in my book of the most wonderfully memorable years anytime soon.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing like having your husband call you at work nearly every day and tell you he feels horrible, he's never felt this bad, he's thinking about ending his life.
~ I hope your husband is talking to someone in mental health who is familiar with depression . I also hope he is not "escaping" by using any kind of drug/alcohol.
Wishing you well ... :vibes::clover:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We've had years like that, where nothing seems to go right. It starts out bad and ends badly, too. A few years ago, Rick lost three cousins, boom! boom! boom! It got to the point where he was afraid to answer the phone. We had one problem after another in the house. Several of our friends came down with cancer that year. It was a horrible year for a lot of people.

A friend of mine told me that summer that "this, too, shall pass". Things will get better. And it will make us appreciate the good times. He was right.

Take care of yourself. Take some time for you. Even if it's an hour here and there, where you can sit down and relax. It's difficult. But you will get through it.

misty8723 misty8723 I'm sorry about your husband. It's not good for you to be dealing with it every day at work either. I hope he can get the help that he needs. :hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't appreciate the good years if you don't have some bad. You have one life to live and it is as you make it. I'm not the happiest person in the world. I too, have had some pretty rough times. But somehow you get through it. I felt like I was cursed. But look around, there are always some worse things out there. You could be paralyzed, or dead.....Just try to relax, take a walk in a beautiful place. Read or watch a movie to get your mind off of things. Time is the healer of all things, and time will bring you something better, you'll see......

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry that you are going through all this crap. I know, none of us probably deserve it. But, not to upset you probably even further, it is however your choice how you perceive life and the people around you.

Like so many of us here, I have had a lot of bad years, from husband's jail detention for a vehicular accident he did not cause (2016), money issues (ongoing), job lay offs (2018), instability in new job (ongoing) and even marriage problems (still ongoing). But I try to see the positive things that are also happening out of all the bad stuff. You do not get to savor the sweetness of happiness if there is no bitterness every once in a while. The important thing is how you face your burdens head-on; how you manage to come out of them with dignity; and how, even in the face of too many uncertainties you can still stop and smell the flowers, pat a friend, and even feed a stray cat or two. :)

You can do this. :)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone having the crappiest year in 2019 ?

So far this year soon as it turned 2019 everything has gone to crap house for me. Its like every 2 or 3 days poo gets thrown in my face from all angles , at work, at home, finanically, socially, health wise , and phsycially and emotionally i am exhausted at its 1 day to july the middle of the year. Its like this year 2019 is the most depressing year for me, nothing has gone right. When i wake up , i know there will be some crap to deal with. I try to make good of the siutation but something has to crap on it.

Its like there is either someone or group of people who causing this to drag me down, sabotaging things or purposfully doing things to screw me over. I know it sounds paranoid to say it, but it keeps on happening and my gut feeling is telling me something isnt right.
Oh, please seek help. If you know in your gut something isn't right, then please contact your county Mental Health Agency. Most is done on a sliding scale or free. Catholic Charities, it's the same, and you don't have to be religious, but please don't let this go.

Yeah, it's been a crap year for me as well, but I sought help and feel better.
Maybe play some of the Games in the Games and Fun forum.

I am very sorry. Please keep writing.

Hugs,
Mia:alright:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The last few years have been crap, honestly lol but yeah, 2019 hasn't been the best year ever. Better than 2018, but not by much.

My Nico (my avatar) passed away June 9th from Congestive Heart Failure. He was only a year and two months old. So that's been hard. If I think about him too long the tears will start all over again. I'm looking into adopting two twin 13-week old brothers from a foster home this month (and if I don't get them there are so many cats I can give a home to) so I can put my energy into spoiling and loving another fur baby instead of constantly focusing on the hole he left when he died. Our dog is also depressed and won't eat unless we put an egg in her food and she just spends the day laying in all the spots Nico hung out, so I'm also adopting for her sake, too. She avoided Nico like the plague lol but he was part of her life so his absence is affecting her.

I've never adopted from a foster home before, and the idea of going to some stranger's house and then having someone come to mine to check it out is really triggering my anxiety.

Lots of things that trigger my anxiety has been happening this year it seems.

I did discover that one of my older brother's male friends is gorgeous so I guess that's a blessing for my eyes, even though I know when I shook his hand I probably looked like a star-struck 12-year-old meeting Justin Bieber :flail:

I really hope the rest of the year gets better for you Leomc123 :alright:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking into adopting two twin 13-week old brothers from a foster home this month (and if I don't get them there are so many cats I can give a home to) so I can put my energy into spoiling and loving another fur baby instead of constantly focusing on the hole he left when he died.
~ That is likely the perfect thing to do. Don't forget city animal shelters. Those abandoned cats & dogs will be euthanized if not rescued. They know you saved them and will become your best friends . :catrub:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~ That is likely the perfect thing to do. Don't forget city animal shelters. Those abandoned cats & dogs will be euthanized if not rescued. They know you saved them and will become your best friends . :catrub:
The shelters are always the first place I look, and I always want to adopt them all lol or at least foster them so they can live in an actual home instead of a cage/kennel (I'd honestly love to foster senior cats and cats, in general, that might have a more difficult time being adopted, like special needs, but I'm not in the position to make that dream come true yet), but because there are a lot of kids in my family (including one with special needs) that come over, and there's also the family dog, I have to find cats with specific personality traits and tolerance levels, and unfortunately none of the cats in the shelters near me seem to have cats with what I'm looking for and I'm unable to travel far distances :ohwell: The last thing I want to do is bring home a cat that hates kids and dogs and watch him or her be miserable and stressed.

If I lived on my own it wouldn't be a problem, but I can't for a while.

These are little boys I'm hoping to adopt if we end up being a good match during the meet n greet.

Attachments

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:) ~ Oh boy ! Two white cats would be nice. They look like twins .
( I have a ton of black cats ) :bigeyes:
Black cats are awesome. I remember one time Nico walked under a ladder and I knew if my superstitious grandma was still around she would have had a fit lol

But yeah they basically are twins, though the one laying down has a smidge of grey on his head. Not sure if the other has any markings.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Black cats are awesome. I remember one time Nico walked under a ladder and I knew if my superstitious grandma was still around she would have had a fit lol

But yeah they basically are twins, though the one laying down has a smidge of grey on his head. Not sure if the other has any markings.
Sorry for your the loss of your Nico.