iPhone latest update???

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone with an iPhone installed the latest update (iOS 14.8.1 and, if so, have you encountered any problems?

I've read that there are some glitches PLUS they keep asking me to agree to their "new terms and conditions" for iCloud. I've read there are problems with that as well. Thoughts, ideas, advice?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I updated both my iPhone and iPad to 14.8.1 last week and haven’t had any problems. Of course now they want me to update to 15.1! 🤨

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I updated both my iPhone and iPad to 14.8.1 last week and haven’t had any problems.
Did they also ask you to agree to the new Terms & Conditions for iCloud? I can't upload any pics and wonder if this is the reason. The specific message I received is: To use iCloud on this phone you must accept the new Terms & Conditions.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Did they also ask you to agree to the new Terms & Conditions for iCloud? I can't upload any pics and wonder if this is the reason. The specific message I received is: To use iCloud on this phone you must accept the new Terms & Conditions.
They probably did, and I didn’t pay close enough attention. I would have agreed, though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I woke up to the update this morning. I had fallen asleep with my phone charging on the couch. So far its fine. I’ll have to check my icloud though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I updated both phone and pad and haven't had any problems....yet. Didn't get a notice about 15 yet.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry but No Way. :nono: The kids and I have always relied on Apple products. That's what they grew up with and we used them in the classroom too.
My last (first) iPhone lasted me 5 years! Meanwhile I had friends posting about their new phones every year or two! In the long run; who spent more? :lol:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
No choice on the iCloud conditions so you might as well accept. I have updated my phone and mini iPad to the latest 14 update and updated my main IPad to 15. I hate 15 because it changes the arrangement of your icons and squishes them all together.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to get used to the search and address bar being on the bottom in Safari. Maybe it's going to be simpler to access when I need to type in stuff. They changed the Do Not Disturb button some. I have our grocery pickup scheduled for the hour after our church lets out so I normally get the notification about substitutions toward the end of the service so I can swipe up and glance at it. Yesterday none of the notifications came through at all until I had turned that off. Next week I'll just keep it on vibrate with the ringer all the way down. Parents keep their phones on because it's how the children's church contacts you if there's an issue so you need your phone at hand anyway.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I hate 15 because it changes the arrangement of your icons and squishes them all together.
Oh, shoot. I have an iPad mini, too. I haven’t updated to 15 yet and now I don’t want to.

And I hate what they’ve done to the start screen in Apple TV now. I can’t find my apps unless I use the search function. Grrr. :mad:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, shoot. I have an iPad mini, too. I haven’t updated to 15 yet and now I don’t want to.

And I hate what they’ve done to the start screen in Apple TV now. I can’t find my apps unless I use the search function. Grrr. :mad:
Yup. A lot of grumbling about 15

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I updated my phone, but I haven’t updated it to 15.1. So far I haven’t noticed any glitches. It takes some getting used to for sure, but so far I like it overall.
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles the do not disturb options take a little bit of time to navigate, but I found that it’s really useful to be able to pick what notifications I want to get.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had been trying to upload pics I took of Carleton for his Gotcha Day in the Feline Birthday thread but they weren't showing up. I gave in and agreed to the Terms & Conditions and sure enough the pics appeared. But I'm holding off a bit before updating to iOS14.8.1.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the do not disturb options take a little bit of time to navigate, but I found that it’s really useful to be able to pick what notifications I want to get.
I haven't had time to fiddle around with it. Hopefully I will have time soon. Sometimes there are 50 notifications when I wake up and haven't even gotten the sleep from my eyes yet!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm trying to get used to the search and address bar being on the bottom in Safari. Maybe it's going to be simpler to access when I need to type in stuff. They changed the Do Not Disturb button some. I have our grocery pickup scheduled for the hour after our church lets out so I normally get the notification about substitutions toward the end of the service so I can swipe up and glance at it. Yesterday none of the notifications came through at all until I had turned that off. Next week I'll just keep it on vibrate with the ringer all the way down. Parents keep their phones on because it's how the children's church contacts you if there's an issue so you need your phone at hand anyway.
I didn't like the search bar being at the bottom, either. I accidentally discovered how to change it, though:

Settings/Safari/scroll down to 'Tabs' and choose Single Tab instead of Tab Bar.

IMG_4215.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We should start a thread for all things iPhone/iPad. :)
Good idea! :idea: It's a lot easier than calling support or going to the store. Speaking of which I updated to Big Sur on my laptop a few months ago and I'm not too crazy about that either but I know I have to be flexible.
Tobermory Tobermory Your DH sounds a lot like mine, he's not the best when it comes to change either. 😉