introducing this spotlight of the week...**StarryEyedTiGeR**

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO I HATE IT!!! The smell of it,the looks of it,the taste of it.Make me vomit!!!
Shawn says that I am UN-American because I don't like it.I do NOT like Hamburgers either.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

NO I HATE IT!!! The smell of it,the looks of it,the taste of it.Make me vomit!!!
Shawn says that I am UN-American because I don't like it.I do NOT like Hamburgers either.
No Hamburgers? Girl, what will I feed you if you ever come to my house!
/ I don't like potatoes at all- I always get teased for that one

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE rare steak!!! Go figure that one out? No hamburgers,but love steak.............hamburger is ground up steak.

Milk is another EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well I guess I am not normal either.
I only like ketchup on hot dogs and that's it! I can't stand it with my fries, I dip my fries in honey mustard..it's MUCH better than ketchup! I'll probably have more questions for you tomorrow, Nikki.
I have a headache right now.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For fries, I use mayo or ranch dressing...........but I prefer them plain!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol Tammy, you and Krista are
hehe, just kidding ladies- I love you both
Ya'll are the best
/ I hope your headache gets better Krista! I know how bad those can get. / What about you Tammy, how's your cold?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
love you, too, Nikki!
thanks, I am headed to bed right now. have a great night and see ya tomorrow!
I now have 1,900 posts.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

love you, too, Nikki!
thanks, I am headed to bed right now. have a great night and see ya tomorrow!
I now have 1,900 posts.
Maybe by the end of the weekend you will have 2,000
lol. I hope your head ache gets better! Sleep well!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's possible!
maybe I'll have 4,000 by the time the year is over.

thanks, you sleep well too!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

lol Tammy, you and Krista are
hehe, just kidding ladies- I love you both
Ya'll are the best
/ I hope your headache gets better Krista! I know how bad those can get. / What about you Tammy, how's your cold?
I love ya too Nikki!!!
My Bronchitis is getting better slowly.NOT fast enough though.Amber has it now and Seth is getting it.SO, I've been VERY busy with cleaning the house to keep ring worm down,me being sick, now 2 of the 4 kids are sick.I want and need a vacation!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I love ya too Nikki!!!
My Bronchitis is getting better slowly.NOT fast enough though.Amber has it now and Seth is getting it.SO, I've been VERY busy with cleaning the house to keep ring worm down,me being sick, now 2 of the 4 kids are sick.I want and need a vacation!!!
lol..you could come here and take a vacation- but there's no vacationing away from the ringworm

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
first off, forgive me if I ask something someone else has already asked - I only read up to page six cos I'm in a hurry - but I wanted to ask you some questions
If I ask something that's already been asked, just say you already answered, and I"ll go hunt for it

1. you said you know how to shoot a shotgun - do you enjoy shooting? do you shoot at indoor ranges or anything like that? I used to go target shooting with pistols with my boyfriend but we haven't been in ages.

2. what's the last concert you went to? if you could see any band live, who would it be (and who would you want to open?)

3. have you decided who you're going to pick for next week's spotlight yet?

4. how on earth do you raise up little baby kittens, and then let them go without it tearing your heart out? I think you do a wonderful thing, but I don't know if I could let any of them go.

5. Colin's a cop... has he ever made creative use of his handcuffs?

6. do your cats like their tummies rubbed, or are they the type of cats where the tummy is a "no go" zone?

7. what's one movie that really affected you, that made you sit there afterwards and think "wow"

8. do you like poetry? if so, which poets do you like?

9. do you have a passport?

10. are you afraid of spiders?

11. how do you spend your time on the net (besides TCS)

thanks

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. you said you know how to shoot a shotgun - do you enjoy shooting? do you shoot at indoor ranges or anything like that? I used to go target shooting with pistols with my boyfriend but we haven't been in ages.

I definitely enjoy shooting. I shoot at an indoor range near us that has a set up for pistols, shotguns, etc...it's really nice. I like to go target shooting- it's fun, and it helps perfect your stance and aim....I am big on practice and knowing exactly what to do and the best form to have should I need to use it. I do like going to the range with Colin though- it's something we both like to do and feel safer knowing how to do. We are SUPER careful though- All of the guns are stored away safely at home so that when my family and their kids are over they could not get ahold of them if they wanted. Colin and I are big on gun safety and responsible ownership.

2. what's the last concert you went to? if you could see any band live, who would it be (and who would you want to open?)

Saliva (I go to concerts all the time- I was a MUID major for years- I used to go 5-6 nights a week to record shows, scout, etc...I love concerts!) I reallllllllllly wanna see Tina Dico or Green Day! I would love to see Green Day and have Egypt Central and The United open for them.

3. have you decided who you're going to pick for next week's spotlight yet?

Yup!!! But i'm keeping it a surprise till then
I'm excited!!!

4. how on earth do you raise up little baby kittens, and then let them go without it tearing your heart out? I think you do a wonderful thing, but I don't know if I could let any of them go.

Well.....it's always hard as a foster mom..but I try to remind myself that there are not too many people out there who do this (especially not near me), so every kitten I foster I try to remember I am helping. It hurts to let them go....it about kills me when one of them passes away. But you know...when one of them finds a wonderful forever home that is going to love and take care of them for the rest of their lives- that always reminds me how important my volunteer work is and how everything that leads up to the adoption is worth it
. I'm still missing little Kenzie like crazy- I purpousely haven't been up to Petsmart to see her yet because I know if I do I will wind up taking her home- so I have all of my friends at the shelter calling me and giving me updates, etc so I won't worry about her or try to keep her lol./ Also it does break my heart a little bit each time I have to let one of the go and be placed up for adoption- when you're with them 24/7 feeding them, cleaning them, playing with them, bonding with them...it's impossible not to get attached- you can't avoid it- they become a part of your life and your family....so it always hurts to let them go...but it always brings a smile to my face when I find the perfect new home for them- it's just one more success story and one more kitty saved from potential euthanazia or other harm.
It's hard work, it's not for everyone, but it's definitely for me....I feel like i'm really blessed to be able to foster.

5. Colin's a cop... has he ever made creative use of his handcuffs?

Hehe, I plea the 5th

6. do your cats like their tummies rubbed, or are they the type of cats where the tummy is a "no go" zone?

Jasmine, Isabella, and the foster kittens as well as Fosters and Ginger (dogs) LOVE their tummies rubbed!

however, Velvet doesn't care for her tummy rubbed- she'd rather be petted or have her head scratched, Sophie(bunny) will tear your hand from shread to shread if you try that....and Abilene- well, she will put the fear of God in someone if you try to touch her belly
She's my little attack cat

7. what's one movie that really affected you, that made you sit there afterwards and think "wow"

Band of Brothers- it's a series on WWII...it accurately covers everything from D-day, different parts of France, Austria, Germany, the concentration camps, and what it really was like for the soldier who fought in WWII. It's about Easy Company- it is by far, one of the most increadable war series i've ever seen- I would recommend it to anyone! It's absolutely incredable. It really hold a lot of meaning to me as well because over 1/2 of my family on my dad's side lived in Europe during WWII. All of my family that was in europe during that time died during the Holocaust. I can't possible express how much meaning and value this series holds to me - especially series 9 "Why We Fight" - it is just stunning. I was crying the whole time- it amazes me that my family died in concentration camps just like those in the movie...it saddens me soo much that they were killed that way.

Hotel Rowanda- I believe everyone should see this- it's increadable what those people went through- people do not need to forget their stories...

Memoirs of a Geisha- it really made me think about an entirely differnt culture, time period, lifestyle....i think that movie was absolutely wonderful.

8. do you like poetry? if so, which poets do you like? I LOVE poetry- I'm a musician....so I am always writing lyrics, poetry, music..you name it. I've very espressive. Lord Byron is my favorite author. "She Walks in Beauty" is my favorite poem by him.

9. do you have a passport? Yup!

10. are you afraid of spiders? I have scars from 3 brown recluse spiders- I HATE SPIDERS!!!!

11. how do you spend your time on the net (besides TCS)

When i'm not working on stuff for school, i'm usually on TCS (haha as if you couldn't tell by the # of my posts
), I also check out my facebook account and check email sometimes

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Nikki, I can't believe you have never been camping
I can't either!

more questions for you Nikki before you nominate someone else for the spotlight.

do you like going to the doctor?

what about going to the dentist?

do you like Drumsticks (the ice cream cones) or klondike bars better?

what would you do if your best friend had a crush on Colin?

what is a girl's night out like for you?

do you like renting movies or going to the movie theater more?

randomn question..but what color of eyes do all your furbabies
(including the fosters) have?

what color of eyes do you have?

what's your favorite thing to wear in the summertime?

and in the wintertime?

are you more of an outdoorsy girl or like being inside more?

would you ever consider going bunji jumping or water skiing?

have you ever ridden in a hot air balloon?

have you ever been on an airplane? if you have, do you like it?

what's your favorite brand of clothing?

I think that's it. my mind is blank from asking you so many questions.
I really hope you are enjoying being in the spotlight!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Nikki, I can't believe you have never been camping
I've always wanted to go- but have never had the chance to. Colin was supposed to take me this summer- but we both wound up working a lot...so maybe next spring

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you like going to the doctor? Absolutely Not! I practically live there thanks to my current health issues and the fact that they've yet to find a good treatment plan for me....so i'm like a human guine pig every time i go- I hate it!

what about going to the dentist? I LOVE going to the dentist- I ask a ton of questions and get lots of details about everything when I'm there because I am planning on going to dental school- so I wanna learn from someone who is experienced.

do you like Drumsticks (the ice cream cones) or klondike bars better? Klondike Bars!!

what would you do if your best friend had a crush on Colin? I'd squish Renae:squish: and not let her around him

what is a girl's night out like for you? It depends on our mood- sometimes we will have dinner and a few drinks, sometimes go to a movie, sometimes go to starbucks and just talk for a while and then get our nails painted, sometimes we just go to wal-mart or one of the pet stores and shop.....it just depends

do you like renting movies or going to the movie theater more? I like renting movies

randomn question..but what color of eyes do all your furbabies
(including the fosters) have?

Jasmine- Blue
Velvet- Green
Abilene- Green
Isabella - one Amber Greenish and one Blue
Ginger- Brown
Fosters- Brown
Sophie- Brown

what color of eyes do you have? I have Hazel eyes- they normally look really light brown but if I cry, they turn emerald green.

what's your favorite thing to wear in the summertime? A pretty little Sundress and heels

and in the wintertime? Jeans, a nice top, warm fluffy socks and birkenstocks

are you more of an outdoorsy girl or like being inside more? I like being inside

would you ever consider going bunji jumping or water skiing? I've done both and love both

have you ever ridden in a hot air balloon? nope- but i've always wanted to

have you ever been on an airplane? if you have, do you like it? Yes- too many times to count...they're ok...but i prefer trains.

what's your favorite brand of clothing? Victorias Secret, American Eagle, Charlotte Russe, Old Navy, Target, Wal-Mart and anything from Macy's. I really don't care where my clothes come from...it doesn't have to be brand name. I think you can find really cute clothes at cheaper places if you know how to shop and mix and match well.
I definitely am not the type to not buy something because it doesn't come from a certain place or something like that.
The only thing i'm really picky about is underware/lingera- I like Victorias Secret for that

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one quick question Krista- you annonced me as spotlight last monday, do I announce the new spotlight of the week this monday? Or do I go ahead and announce tonight?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

one quick question Krista- you annonced me as spotlight last tuesday, do I announce the new spotlight of the week this tuesday?
sure..but you can whenever you want!
you can tomorrow..it doesn't matter. hehe I picked you a day early because I had so many questions for you
I can't wait to see who you picked.
I may have an idea who you picked, though.
we'll see if I am right or not. hehehe.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

sure..but you can whenever you want!
you can tomorrow..it doesn't matter. hehe I picked you a day early because I had so many questions for you
I can't wait to see who you picked.
I may have an idea who you picked, though.
we'll see if I am right or not. hehehe.
awesome- tomorrow i will announce my the new spotlight then! hehe, i am not telling you yet
- you have to wait and find out