In need.... (Dill's thread)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really dont know what she is waiting for, but i think before I will allow for induction I will ask for an ultrasound or something maybe she is just having a large litter and that is why i felt them so early.....I have seen them move for at least 2 weeks, I dont want to make her have them if it isnt time, you know what I mean, what if the vet induces and she isnt quite there yet and something happens to the babies???

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about anyone else, but her having that discharge, especially a whitish/yellow discharge for this long of time, worries me.
Come on Dill...PUSH!!!

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My advice would be, bring her to the vet, and ask them what they would do if this were their pet. If they think it is safe to wait, then it seems like there's no reason to induce other than our human impatience which isn't a good enough reason to rush Dill along. But if the vet thinks that Dill is hurting, or if it's important to get the kittens out sooner rather than later, or that maybe for some reason Dill isn't able to go into labor properly on her own, then it's time for modern medicine to step up to the task!

Good luck tomorrow! (Though, knowing cats, you'll wake up tomorrow to Dill and 12 kittens, happy as clams.)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, my biggest fear is that one of the kittens is the wrong way and is stuck - which doesn't look good for the rest. I'm concerned too about the discharge and no kittens.

None of my queens ever went more then a day after discharge started.

Dill - I'd really get her to the vet tomorrow if I were you.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really do hope everything is alright...and if they aren't I hope it's nothing too serious. for Dill. Keep up the good job you BIG girl!!

prettypusscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope Dill has them today for you sending

come on Dill im away for the weekend with no internet i wanna see your babies

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vet was at 11 today GOOD NEWS......Vet said everything is PERFECT......they did an ultrasound and the kittens are fine, all where they should be and much lower than the other day, she said the discharge is her mucous plug and that she has probally been slowly dilating over the past week, she has seen it happen before, as for the kittens she couldnt really tell me how many estimates 6-8....not surprised....lol....they are all alive and looking GREAT, my dates were off and she was due(64 days) yesterday....approx....said there is no reason to induce let nature takes its course. And that I should have kittens by tomorrow...YA RIGHT....lol.......but ne thing up to wednesday is fine....WHEW....I was so worried....OMG Im so happy everything is okay.....

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats great that everything is okay!!
Continued For Dill & her kittens!!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

That's great news, I'm glad to hear that everything is ok! Now, come on Dill and show us those babies!!!
she was trying to nest in my daughters car seat in the car on the way home(i dont crate her she gets stressed) it was cute...

oh and her temp was 98.8 @ the vet....hehehe

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh Dill I wish you a safe delivery and hope you have lots of healthy babies.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I was getting so worried! I'm really glad everything's going good with Dill. The silly girl manages to fake us out every time! I'm sure if she could talk she'd look at us as if we're crazy and tell us she knew what was going on the whole time.
More vibes for you and her. Hoping for kittens soon!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay Dill! (and Meowmy) Glad to hear everything is ok. At this point my bet is who goes first, Dill or Twix! LOL

Such procrastinators