I'm disgusted

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick was home yesterday...he had taken a vacation day and was out working in the yard. Our neighbor came over and asked him about Tabby. He told her that Tabby was in the house and she was doing better. She asked him if he was still angry and he said that, of course, he was angry. But that Tabby was now a member of the family and this was her home now. And that we've both fallen in love with our little girl.

Then our neighbor told Rick that her husband was going to put the kitten in the car, drive down the road and throw her out the window into the woods. That's when she knew she had to call me....she told her husband to let her call me and we'd probably take her.

When I got home from work and Rick told me that, I just sat at the kitchen table and cried. How could somebody even think about doing something like that? She was a five-week old kitten! You don't do that! Damn it, you do NOT do that! She would have died.

And then I took Miss Tabs to see TED (The Evil Doctor) last night for an ear check. Turns out that now that her right ear is cleaner and they can actually really get in there and see, the ear drum was perforated. It's growing back and the vet still thinks she's going to be OK with her hearing. But it was such a nasty infection. That poor baby....all she's been through and she's only 3 months old, if that. The vet gave her her first set of kitten shots (she couldn't have them before b/c she was underweight and she had those bad ears) last night and we now go back in three weeks for another ear check and her last kitten shot.

We're still cleaning that right ear twice a day and putting the ointment in the ear. Her left ear is fine and we can do that one now every other day or so. They think that, once the ear drum grows back in her right ear, that we should see a noticeable improvement in the amount of gunk we're getting out of that ear. Although, we're no longer getting huge chunky gunk....now it's tiny little gunk.
That's an improvement, I guess.

Tabby's pretty laid-back this morning from those shots and she didn't eat much for breakfast. When I left she and Mollipop were in the catnapper at the bedroom window and they were both sleeping.

I can tell you that I am finished with our neighbors. I had said that before and I really haven't talked to them since we got Tabby. But now? It will be a tropical day in the Arctic before I even say Hello. I'm that disgusted. (And if that makes me a bad neighbor, so be it.)

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow girl, you're stronger than I am because I probably would have went right over there and caused a huge scene telling them exactly what I thought of them!
What is WRONG with people?!? Thank goodness Tabby is safely with you, well loved and getting better everyday, but people like that...well...I can't even say on here exactly what I would like to do with them!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Wow girl, you're stronger than I am because I probably would have went right over there and caused a huge scene telling them exactly what I thought of them!
I would have done the same as Kailie. The idiots what they are, they don't deserve to breathe!

I bet you look at your little girl now and wonder, had you not taken her in where she would have ended up

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank God you took Tabby in, you saved her life

I'm glad to read Tabby is feeling better

Your neighbor sounds like Luna's previous owners

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some people who should not be allowed to have animals.Sounds like your neighbor fits into that category quite well!Tropical day in the arctic....love it!

jenny1978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, people are just disgusting! Thank god for people like us who actually have a heart to care for these little babies!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I picked up a pretty little tuxedo cat from my neighbor--she was four pounds underweight, eaten up by fleas, and we honestly thought she was going to die. But she pulled through and is fat and happy at a no-kill shelter now. It's just horrible the way my neighbor treated her. I can't understand how anybody could ever do that to a cat...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can do is shake my head and wonder about people.

Thank you, Pam, for coming to Tabby's rescue, and shame on your neighbors.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm glad Rick at least said to the neighbor Yeah, he's still angry. What awful people. It's just gross, disgusting. I'm disgusted too!

Glad to hear Tabby's doing a lot better though!!
I think we're due for some new pics of her, she must be a lot bigger than when you first took her in!!

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at least Tabby is safe now and on the road to recovery!

Reminds me of my parents neighbors who, just recently, took their cat that was eliminating outside of the litter box way out in the sticks and left her there. I haven't seen them yet, but I sincerely hope they don't try to talk to me when they do. I have NOTHING to say to them after that. Some people can be such
!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your neigbout is married to an uncarrying jerk who would kill a baby animal

However, it seems like she cares about animals. It sounds like she doesn't have much say in her relationship with the jerk, and it's only because of her that Tabby is alive today: Because she had sense enough to come to you.

Write the jerk off, but his wife sounds ok to me.

I'm glad that Tabby is doing well and I'm sending lots of vibes for more improvement to her ears and overall health!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How awful! If I was the neighbor's wife, I would be headed for divorce court. Actually, I wouldn't have married the
in the first place. And you're not a bad neighbor; you're a neighbor that exercises amazing restraint.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I couldn't tell Gary Tabby's story to begin with, and I definitely can't tell him this part of it. The first question he'd ask is why your DH hasn't beaten any sense into that guy. We have had the discussion that beating people up isn't much better than abusing animals... but he just doesn't agree.

I have to agree with Angela... you're a neighbor that shows amazing restraint.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree, I think you show amazing restraint
. My blood is boiling just hearing this today
. I don't think you are a bad neighbor by not saying hello at all, in fact, I wouldn't even think you would be a bad neighbor to go over there and give them a piece of your mind
. But, it probably is not worth getting yourself all riled up over them. Tabby is yours, she is safe, and she is a little blessing. So you could actually, thank that womans' psycho husband for the gift they bestowed upon you and Rick
.and then give him a kick in the b****

I am glad you have Tabby and that she is going to be fine, even if she won't have full hearing in that ear, she will have a life full of love and kindness because of you

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if the wife would consider having the animal control people drop by and explain the legal definition of animal cruelty to her worthless lowlife husband. It would have to come from her, or he would know that she'd discussed his intentions with someone else, and you wouldn't want to put her in that position... but he needs to be made aware that society is evolving beyond his backward attitude about animals.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your a better person than me. I would have flipped ape s**t on them and probably popped one of them in the nose.

I swear everyday I hear something that just reaffirms my hermitness and why I choose not to socialize with 99% of people in real life. Give me internet people anyday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys. Tabby is ours and she has a good life. Even if it turns out that she is deaf in that ear (and we're still not really sure she is), she'll be fine here. She and Mollipop are becoming, well, if not friends, at least tolerable buddies. And she and Amber get along well, too. She's a good little girl and has turned into a real sweetie.

As for the neighbors, well, I can't go over there. I know that. It would get really ugly and we have to live here, too. He just doesn't care....b/c Tabby is a kitty, he doesn't care. The wife is a bit of a lunatic when it comes to cats; she has a real phobia about them. (A kitten tried to climb up her leg when she was a little girl and it freaked her out.)

For years, she barely tolerated even our gang....and we have some of the sweetest cats around! After they moved here, the first time she came over to visit with us and she saw the cats, she completely freaked....screaming and carrying on like there was a monster in the room. She had her little girls with her and they freaked, too, I guess because their mom did. Oh, and she actually gave me a set of glasses one time; they were a gift to her, but she couldn't drink out of them.....they had cats on them and the idea of drinking from a glass with cats on it made her sick to her stomach. I'm serious.

If Tabby was a bunny, they'd have been all over themelves, trying to save her. But she's a kitty. Cats do not count in the scheme of things....that's just the way it is. And me going over there would have done nothing. Animal control going there would have done nothing. It's the whole mentality of people like that.

I'm just glad that she did have the sense to call us about Tabby. We have to give her credit for that much anyway.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I appreciate you all! You all understand!

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I don't even know what to say to all that....
It's scary that people would even THINK about doing that to a kitten, let alone actually DOING it

I'm so glad Tabby is with you guys, she couldn't have had it any better, she is a true princess living in her castle