I'm back! Kitten season again :/

kristyne2400

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure thats what my cat does sometimes.. I was wondering the same thing.. I think it is but I'm not positive.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I plan on keeping the kittens.. we plan on spaying/neutering  the Mom cat and the kittens... they will be going to the family.. I would never intentionally abandon a cat...or any animal at that..
Is she already pregnant?  If not, remember that your family could have a rescue cat or kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, if she's not already pregnant please consider getting her spayed and saving some lives of sweet little babies in the shelters or on the streets already. There's so many that need saving.

UPDATE: Sorry all, it's been a crazy week. Will be posting update pictures tonight (babies turn 1 week old- first 3 in between 11.45pm-11.59pm born 2/19, last 3 in between 12.45am and 3.30am born 2/20.)

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This litter is not having the best luck at all. Sorry for no updates. It's been very stressful.

Before Draco's eyes even began to open, I woke up one morning to underneath the eyelid EXTREMELY swollen. I warm compressed it and a teeeeny scab came off on the corner of his eye, along with tons of pus. Over the next few days his eye began to open a little more. No pus, I was keeping it clean and it looked great. Then Monday morning when his eye finally completely opened, you couldn't see the eyeball, just a white mass on top of it. Soonest I could get into the vet was this morning. All of the white 'pus' was actually his eyeball. He has no eyeball left. They gave me ointment to put on it multiple times a day until he is old enough to be neutered, then said when he is under anesthesia being neutered they will sew it up. So we have a one-eyed kitten on our hands.

And now, when I got back from the vet, Leo is acting super lethargic. He was perfectly fine this morning and has been doing great with all of his supplemental feedings. I don't know what happened, I really hope this little guy makes it I have him wrapped up next to a warm water bottle and will be attempting to feed him once an hour until he perks back up (hoping he does.) Please send positive vibes our way.

Here's pics from last night. Babies are two weeks old!!!

Leo- my messy boy. Always in need of a bath and always willing to take a bottle. Except this morning :( Please keep your fingers crossed for this little man.

Libra- mommy's girl, loud mouth. Hates being held and HATES the bottle. Lol! She just wants to be next to her momma constantly.

Andromeda- sweet girl, loves the bottle. LOVES baths.

Vela- loudmouth. Smallest girl. Little cutie.

What was left of my poor lil mans eye last night. He's such a trooper. After the vet cleaned it out and he was back in my arms, he automatically started purring and kneading. Little lover.

Scorpius- the BIG boy, about twice the size of everyone else. Mommas boy.

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww they're so cute! I also love the names you picked out for them!

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aww they are all lovely, how is home finding coming along? You are a lovely individual taking in a pregnant cat and caring for them so well, especially when these visits to the vets and suppliment food is obv coming out of your pocket meaning a rescue isnt funding it x x

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I just lost Leo. I had a home lined up for him, as well as Andromeda and Scorpius already :/ poor little man. He was a lot smaller than the others even though he always ate the most come bottle time. And yes, everything is out of pocket but it's worth it watching the little lives I save grow

levi68

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sad to hear about Leo . Did he have diarrhea? What do you think happened? FKS?

Did the vet not put Draco on antibiotics? It looked super infected. :(

They are all gorgeous. I just love the orange babies. :)

Last edited:

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No diarrhea that I had seen, mommy has been handling that though so I haven't seen much of it. I should check though. I think it was fading kitten syndrome, he was much smaller than the other ones even though he fed the best during feeding times and always seemed alert and upbeat. He was fine up until I got home from the vet, and he was still somewhat alert then. But the next 3 hours he crashed so fast despite anything I did :/ The vet prescribed a neomyacin opthalmic ointment for his eye.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Just checking back in here... So sorry about Leo.

Poor little Draco... One of the things I've found, though, at the shelter, is that people would often take a cat with a disability.  So fingers crossed for a wonderful home for him.

Good on you for all your wonderful caring..

katiekat77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry about Leo :( Draco will be in my prayers! He's such a cutie :)

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh no poor Leo :( i know mme and my husband would purposly choose the kitten that was a lil different over the rest lol, so im sure draco will find a great home, and what he has lost in sight he will gain in hearing and cheekyness im sure :) x x