I'm A New Meowmy!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aiko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We changed our minds.. Avery just doesn't roll off the tongue like it should.. so we're now going to try out "Nova".. my fiancee is from Nova Scotia.. so i thought it was fitting.. and i had a multitude of signs to tell me this was it. The song Champagne Supernova was on the radio on my way home.. then there was something on TV late last nite and they kept repeating it.. and then.. this morning i was putting on my AVON face cream, and noticed, hey.. avon backward is Nova.. Call me superstitious.. but .. it just makes sense! ;-)
We just looked it up and there are a couple meanings for it..
Nova is a Female Latin Name meaning "New"
Nova is a Native American Name meaning Butterfly Chaser

Interesting!

aiko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sigh.. i just dunno what to do .. we got nova on the jan 5th.. and we have been just starting to let them out to "touch noses".. it is not going very well.. my resident cat (aiko) absolutley loathes the kitten (nova).. it started off with some hissing.. and of course Nova just wants to play.. tends to sometimes sneak up on her, or chase her... well today aikos started attacking Nova.. like aggressively..and today she scratched Nova's ear and she was bleedin a bit..
i just feel bad for both of them but i don't know what to do.. i've been trying to give them both equal attention but i just don't know what else to do.. i have been putting NOva in her room at night and when we're not home cuz i'm afraid she's going to a) get beat up or b) tear my house apart.. but we usually let her out when we're home or not sleeping. should i revert back and put her back in her room for a bit longer? the only reason we let her out when we did was because she was meowing CONSTANTLY and we could not get any sleep!!
any advice 4 me? i am just crushed!

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have read others in this site who state you can start the introductions all over again when this happens. It sounds like the resident female feels threatened and the kitten just wants to play. I would start all over like you did at the first and there was a good article in this site about the whole process and exactly how to do it over again. Just a thought. Good luck to you and I will be praying for you and your babies.

Helene

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Lady20 - maybe the intros were a bit too quick for your resident kitty
But it can take a bit of time for kits to get used to each other, but soon they will settle to a "routine" they are just establishing whos- whos and whos the boss
So I would separate them again and start over.
Its just matter of plenty of supervision and removing your new kit when things gets a bit too heated !

Good luck

aiko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just which she wouldn't cry!! We spend a lot of time with her in her room, but she just cries everytime she hears that we're out in the hallway by her room.. so sad!!! batting her little paws underneath the door