Ill Kitty

merlotandasti

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mom's cat is only maybe 2 years old. Today she told me that the cat had been vomiting & had not pooped since Saturday. She took her to the vet & got xrays & blood tests but everything was normal. I don't know exactly what blood tests she got done though. The vet only said he might have just a stomach bug or something. Since they got home, the cat has just stayed in the same place & won't move. It'll only drink water. & she said that now she's leaking some dark brown diarrhea. There aren't any emergency vets or anything in her area.

Is there anything we can do to comfort this cat? This doesn't sound right at all. Any similar experiences???

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bring the cat to a different vet and bring copies of the recent vet records and test results with you. The cat is clearly ill and a vet will have to determine why.

Is this an indoor only cat or does it go outside? Is there any chance the cat could have eaten something harmful (many Human foods can be) or poisonous (household cleaners, etc)?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, get the cat back to the vet! He needs to be hydrated and get some IV nourishment. It's possibly it's just gas build up, but it could be a urinary blockage.