Ignore Lists

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by Sar

Gosh this thread took a long time to read - I had to click to see everyone's posts!

I have never used the ignore feature and I don't think I ever would!
I do hope that nobody ignores me though!
I would never ignore you
although everybody else did lol

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great. I never thought about being on anyone ignore list. Now I know why sometimes I don't get replies like everyone else. Just kidding. I haven't had to use it yet. I actually forgot it was there!! I like everyone here and when they do get on my nerves I just read their posts more!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have, not so much on here, but I make good use of it on some political forums I go to where I just can't stand to read the 'Everything wrong in the world is Bush's fault' posts by people with no actual political understanding. But generally I just use for trolls

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a troll? Aside from the creepy yet so very collectible dolls from the 90s, anyway.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

What is a troll? Aside from the creepy yet so very collectible dolls from the 90s, anyway.
From Wiki: "In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion"

We've had people come in and pick the most hateful user name and just spew filth. Others will post stuff they know we would immediately react to like "all cats should be wiped off the face of the earth".

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

In Michigan the people in the lower penisula are refered to as trolls by the upper penisula...because we live under the bridge (Mackinac Bridge).

Sorry for the hijack.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Dad has a friend whom they call "Troll" I believe its because he actually lived under a bridge for awhile

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by katachtig

From Wiki: "In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion"

We've had people come in and pick the most hateful user name and just spew filth. Others will post stuff they know we would immediately react to like "all cats should be wiped off the face of the earth".
Ah OK, I actually noticed a troll last week as a new registered member and was sickened by their profile. They've gone now though, thanks to the awesome mods no doubt

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Ah OK, I actually noticed a troll last week as a new registered member and was sickened by their profile. They've gone now though, thanks to the awesome mods no doubt
If you see one of those posts, don't engage with them. Just makes them worse. Instead, click on the triangle in the upper right corner of the post and sent a message to the mods.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

In Michigan the people in the lower penisula are refered to as trolls by the upper penisula...because we live under the bridge (Mackinac Bridge).

Sorry for the hijack.
As Zissou's Mom posted, the people in lower Michigan refer to the people in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) as Yoopers!

Signed, Becky....formerly a TROLL FROM MICHIGAN!!!!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aftter Katachtig responded to my post, I started reading more on my own. I mean, who has time for that? What kind of person gets enjoyment out of making everyone mad? I mean, I do like the IMO subforum, but if anyone were ever actually offended I would hope they'd tell me, and I'd be quiet!
The advice I found was to ignore the "troll" (such a strange word) or limit responses to something like "this is a troll. the best thing to do is ignore them."
It's so violating that one would come here!!! I mean, really, whats more harmless than a bunch of cat lovers????
I wish the whole world could just push an ignore button on people like that!
Do they make those?

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I have to admit that I've been tempted to use that feature at times, but decided it would be shirking my duty as a mod.
Oh no was it me!
Wow this thread can really start making people paraniod

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww but im sweet and nice maybe everyone has put me on ignore?

i was tempted to put someone on ignore a few weeks ago... but i wont mention its name, they have now left i think

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

aww but im sweet and nice maybe everyone has put me on ignore?

i was tempted to put someone on ignore a few weeks ago... but i wont mention its name, they have now left i think
Too bad Fwan. You can't put mods and admin on ignore.